Manager, Performance & Balance Sheet Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Prepare performance management reports and performs basic analysis
- Take ownership of the end-to-end management reporting process including prompt submission of Management Packs (Level 1 and Level 2); ICS and PMC reporting
- Implement data controls verifying the integrity of reporting schedules with the General Ledger and associated Transaction Processing systems.
- Assess the context, rationale and impact of management accounting policies and is able to articulate them to Finance and business/function stakeholders.
- Ensure correct treatment of management accounting reporting policies to routine situations, and identify any gaps.
Performance Management Reports
- Assist with the analysis of performance, including the review of performance metrics
- Provide insightful commentary on reporting packs and specialized schedules, including business variance analysis linking current performance with future projections, business momentum, risks and opportunities
- Prepare monthly cost report and commentaries for circulation to key stakeholders and attend to and attend to queries on material movements in cost lines, one off costs , variance against budgets, etc
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Support in the coordination of budget/corporate plan and forecast process, engaging with stakeholders and identifying and escalating risks and opportunities in the forward projections.
Analytical Reviews - Cost & Revenue
- Provide support on the monthly analytical review of P&L highlighting the key drivers of performances in term of businesses and products.
- Provide financial analysis and conduct deep dive analysis for the country performance (including but not limited to cost analysis and balance sheet / capital management review)
- Ensure all relevant tasks relating to cost management (including but not limited to relevant booking or process controls) as well as assist CFO to drive for cost saving and monitor the results of cost saving initiatives.
- Assist CFO to prepare competitor analysis and other relevant tasks needed for preparation of the bank's business strategy and business plans.
Balance Sheet Management
- Ensure compliance with the Group's Liquidity regulatory reporting governance and procedures under Basel III and local regulatory reporting under Basel II
- Prepare reports and findings, including financial information to assist Head of Balance Sheet and Performance Management in ALCOs decision making and maintain oversight on production of ALCO pack
- Assist where required with the annual ICAAP and other stress test
- Support the annual planning and forecast process.
- Ad hoc balance sheet queries and returns measurement to meet the needs of CFO, Head of BSM, ALCO members and Group Treasury functions.
- Governance over FTP rules & Cost of Liquidity (COL)
- Perform deep dive analysis, make suggestions and assist CFO to prepare necessary proposals for effective implementation of FTP policy
- Business Finance Partners
- GFS Ghana and Kenya - Hub officers
- Country Finance Operations staff
- Balance Sheet Management Team
- Financial Control Unit
- Support Functions Cost Centre Owners.
Our Ideal Candidate
- The review and analysis of P & L accounts, financial data and the general ledger
- Prevention, detection and correction of errors/unusual items
- Accurate financial reporting
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least five years' work experience in an accounting department of a financial institution
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.