Assurance - Core Assurance - External Audit - Senior Manager - Oman
Job Description & Summary
PwC Muscat are looking for Senior Managers who have experience in leading the audits to join our growing assurance practice based in Muscat, Oman.
You'll lead medium to large teams, primarily on the audits of our unrivalled portfolio of clients in the region.
You'll be responsible for the delivery of your engagements and ensuring the high quality of your team's audit work and reporting. You will also lead and coach your team members and manage relationships with senior level clients. More broadly, you will also contribute to the running of our business unit, including business and people development.
Oman has a population of around 4.5 million people with roughly 50% of the population living in the vicinity of the capital, Muscat. Oman borders the United Arab Emirates and is a short flight from Dubai. Like its larger neighbour Dubai, Muscat has a large Ex-pat population who are very well catered for. Some of the benefits of living in Oman are:
Tax free salary
Sunshine virtually every day of the year
Very social lifestyle
Muscat is a very clean and safe city
Beautiful and dramatic landscape with idyllic beaches
Very relaxed pace of life
Open-air and adventurous lifestyle
The successful candidate will lead a team to provide audit services across various sectors. This will involve the provision of services to a portfolio of audit clients.
A key aspect will be managing work undertaken in connection with external audit reviews, reporting directly to a partner or director. Other important responsibilities will include:
- Managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are achieved.
- Leading of internal and external team and client meetings.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key client contacts
- Managing the personal and professional training and development of your team.
- C A / ACCA / CPA qualified with broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling & completing a diverse range of assignments;
- Experience in leading audits;
- Experience in leading medium to large sized audit teams;
- Experience in supervising and developing staff;
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;