Fin Rep & Analysis Analyst
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting. About the Role
The SOA SIMCORP Accounting Team is responsible for providing accounting expertise, monitoring, problem solving and maintenance of various investment portfolio security products maintained in our application system (Simcorp). The team works with others to ensure the products are properly accounted for in Simcorp and researches and resolves issues that arise. They will focus on providing accounting expertise and oversight within the Simcorp accounting team and will be involved in the development and review of accounting for system enhancements and development. Responsibilities
- This role requires strong knowledge of various security types and an understanding of accounting for available for sale and held to maturity securities under ASC 320. This position requires effective interaction with multiple groups including SOA Static Data, SOA Control and Analysis, system technicians, tax personnel, front and middle office personnel, GL controllers, etc.
- The position requires a great attention to detail and must ensure time sensitive maintenance is performed accurately.
- Interact with multiple groups including SOA Static Data, SOA Control and Analysis, system technicians, tax personnel, front and middle office personnel, GL controllers, etc.
- Perform review of accounting results.
- Monitor transactions and data interface status in the systems.
- Process G/L entries and cash movements.
- Maintain accounting policy and procedure documents.
Producing ad hoc queries and reports to assist in business analysis and project execution.
- Participating in status meetings/calls, project planning and verbal and written updates
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications
- Candidates must be a CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- 1-2+ years of Financial Services industry experience.
- In-depth background and understanding of GAAP and technical accounting analysis with
- Demonstrated knowledge of month-end general ledger close process.
- Experience with Simcorp Dimension, Oracle and Essbase would be an added advantage.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner and strong accounting skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical skills with ability to apply critical judgment and come up with effective decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency for detailed documentation with ability to validate work.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment and perform under pressure with a high motivation and able to meet stringent deadlines with strong sense of urgency and results and detail orientation.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute a body of work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional research, data entry and exception handling skills.
- Flexibility to work in night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business.
- Possess an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency and business acumen.
- Candidates must be willing to work in midshift/night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the busines
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.