Securities Analyst/Accountant (Fin Rep & Analysis Analyst 3) - Day Shift
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website. Department Overview
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting. About the Role
The Securitization Accounting & Investor Reporting Team is responsible for the accounting and external reporting requirements for Treasury securitization programs. This team provides the middle-office and back-office support to Treasury's funding execution team. These responsibilities include including collateral accounting, daily reconciliations of cash, process and control documentation maintenance, execution of compliance activities and preparation and review of SEC filings Responsibilities:
- Support multiple Treasury accounting functions in their execution on treasury activities including ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely financial data
- Coordinate with Capital Markets Funding, Legal and Technology team to ensure monthly 10-D reporting is executed accurately and in compliance with transaction documents for the securitization book
- Responsible for the REG AB control environment and ensure compliance to regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Assist with various projects and initiatives such as Data Transformation and other current ongoing projects
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual deliverables such as SEC filings, Investor reporting and regulatory reporting
- Coordinate internal audit review and SOX compliance activities
- Manage select consultants and assist them in their continued development while provide coaching throughout the year.
- Ensure team's effective and practical implementation of corporate policies, standards, and procedures
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, Certified Public Accountants are highly preferred
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in financial reporting, risk or accounting reporting or audit
- With at least 2 years of experience in accounting preferably in Private Equity Accounting and securities products, US Regulatory Reporting, US Financial Services and reconciliation/validation.
- Experience with reconciliations and the month end general ledger close process.
- Familiarity in portfolio or securities accounting such as securities, commodities, investment funds, derivatives and especially foreign exchange
- Must have in-depth background in compiling and analyzing financial information in preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledgers and document business transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Ability to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Must be able to establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Candidates must be willing to work in night shifts (4:00AM to 1:00PM), or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.