Project Leader, Senior Associate
Project Management responsibilities:
- Project Leader supports project execution to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets. Project Leader is responsible for all project's areas: scope/ schedule/ risk & issues identification and mitigation;
- The jobholder may independently run smaller projects and assist the Project Manager/Programme Manager with large regional projects;
- The jobholder will primarily support State Street Ireland;
- The jobholder will primarily be accountable for different types of projects depending on specific assignment: transitions / regulatory / process improvement / product;
- Works with internal stakeholders to implement governance and reporting structures;
- Ensures efficient communication and relationship management with multiple stakeholders including Sponsors, Senior Management, PMO, project members, business units, end users;
- Reports project progress status;
- Supports prioritization and time management to multiple projects/tasks in parallel;
- Ensures adherence to State Street's internal Project Management methodologies and standards;
- Provides ad-hoc reporting according to needs of stakeholders;
- Ensures collaboration with other PMO team members on local PMO processes.
- Maintenance of Project Log for entire portfolio, ensuring adherence to prescribed governance and associated Project Management frameworks;
- Involvement in forecasting of new change activities;
- Project management reporting incl. weekly change requests and monthly status reporting;
- Project Management tools, training & templates development;
- Guidance and expertise on global change methodology and processes.
Core business requirements:
- 1-3 years of proven project management experience (preferably in financial services);
- Additional Lean/Process Reengineering experience will be considerable advantage;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Knowledge of Project Management Institute Standards or certification (e.g. CAPM/PMP) will be a considerable advantage/ sharepoint software;
- Proficiency in English is a must.
Core soft skills
- Evidence of strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Excellent managerial skills enabling managing project team working under tight deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including experience in remote / virtual meetings (via Teleconference, Video Conference, Webex, etc.);
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Problem solving ability;
- Continuous improvement mindset.