Senior SQA Engineer
Senior SQA Engineer will perform manual and automated testing of commercial software products within the Maritime & Trade domain.
The position fills a critical role within our Agile software development team and will partner with Software Developers and other SQA Engineers to design, implement, and execute software test suites. As a Senior SQA Engineer, you will: General Job Duties
Specific Job Duties
- Participate as part of a project team to design, develop, and execute test suites for moderately complex software solutions.
- Foster inter-team cooperation as part of a project/program.
- Follow industry good testing practices to ensure high-quality deliverables with minimal defects.
- Report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede the attainment of goals, and accept direction on corrective measures.
- Continuously expand knowledge in the area of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
As a Senior SQA Engineer, you will be expected to have:
- Operate as an SQA Engineer in a .NET development team for a software platform that provides Maritime & Trade services across other business platforms.
- Assist in analyzing customer requirements and providing comprehensive test solutions to ensure software quality.
- Support leadership in implementing best practices for software quality assurance around testing standards, patterns, and software development lifecycle and change management.
- Manage and improve existing automated tests.
- Support and champion the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Collaborate with Development Leads and Engineers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and IT Leadership.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Working knowledge of C#, Selenium, SOAP & REST web services, and SQL.
- Good understanding of OOPs.
- Ability to engage in self-guided analysis and problem-solving.
- Prior experience working in the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion and curiosity for solving technical problems.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Job position matched to your experience and expectations
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.