Backend Software Developer
For most developers, the word "financial" conjures images of horror - suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams and layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy... Don't worry, we don't like those things either. Working at Chatham Financial is a unique experience. We're committed to making a positive impact on our clients, the markets, our communities, and each other. This starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and leadership. Are you such a person?
We are seeking a Backend Software Developer
to join Chatham Tech Team, which is developing innovative, high quality, and robust financial applications. As a member of the team you will:
- Be a member of an agile scrum team that owns development of a specific product or platform.
- Develop efficient and reusable front-end systems that improve our service level and meet the needs of a variety of business users.
- Develop software in our constantly evolving technology stack (currently includes C#, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, Redis, ServiceStack, Protocol Buffers, .NET Core, HAProxy, WCF, and more).
- Working closely with other developers on the team, providing expertise and code review.
- Collaborate with our Product Owners and business users on API design.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of experience with software development.
- Deep understanding of .NET ecosystem.
- Comfortable with backend software development (e.g., data storage and access models, enterprise messaging patterns, computationally intensive algorithms, scalability design principles)
- Hands-on experience with writing clean code, including strong focus on testing first principles (TDD, BDD)
- Team player mindset
- Experience in working within a distributed-team environment
- Experience with Messaging systems (e.g., RabbitMQ) and caching platforms (e.g., Redis)
- CPU and memory usage profiling
About Chatham and the Kraków office:
- Great development opportunities, including a training budget, trips to partner offices, 50% tax scheme (50% KUP), and quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product ideas and technology improvements.
- Collaborative, low-hierarchical culture in which leadership is gained through influence and character, not a title.
- Private healthcare, MultiSport card, in-house English classes, relocation package.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount.
- Chatham's values and purposes
- Chatham Kraków online profile
- A virtual office tour