Financial Reporting Team Supervisor, Senior Associate
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Financial Reporting Team Supervisor, Senior AssociateEnvironment Reporting to Financial Reporting Manager (Officer), this permanent position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of people in the Financial Reporting department of the leading fund administrator.
Job Summary At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes alongside a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of Financial Reporting.
You will be expected to work closely with your manager to plan and deliver projects assigned and perform day to day tasks pertinent to the department's activity. A major focus will be on supervising teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
To supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Senior Accountants
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of team - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Identify and analyze issues and problems in service delivery on weekly basis and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct supervisor informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Report the daily status of deliverables and proactive communicate any issue which may influence our timeliness or quality of deliverables
- Support the team during daily production especially during peak months - where expected allocation to daily production is at the minimum level of 50% of the time
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced, reviewed/validated and dispatched to manager who coordinate overall KPI data for the whole UK FR team, to Donor Sites as required.
- Be an initiator and leader in implementation of process improvement in aim to simplify and make process more effective
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar. Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous and will have 1-2 years manager experience in a similar environment.
Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of Financial Reporting,
complemented with a detailed understanding of Fund Administration, Custody and Legal /
- Experience in managing a number teams / people
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including Irish GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP and UK SORP.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work to others
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway