Senior Auditor - Markets - EMEA
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Mar 19
Senior Auditor - Markets - EMEA
- Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18066675
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1080 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This Assistant Vice President position will perform audit testing of the control framework for Municipals, Securitised Products and Credit Trading, collectively known as the Global Spread Products (GSP) Sales and Trading business. The AVP will mainly provide assurance coverage for the EMEA region, with some limited support for other regions.
Global Spread Products business participates in the secondary market as well as offers securitisations and financing solutions. The product offering mainly includes cash, derivatives and loans.
This individual will report to a Vice President who will also be located in Poland.
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Global Spread Products.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Few years of relevant experience in an audit role - a must.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding control disciplines.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Opportunity to develop project management skills as well as expand knowledge in the area of Internal Audit function.
- A chance to develop in an international environment in one of the greatest financial institutions worldwide.
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies.
- Excellent working environment.
- Attractive Social Benefits System (pension plan, medical care, life insurance, digital learning platforms etc.).