Consulting, Defence - Director (Doha)
Job Description & Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a high growth Consulting team, where you will play a key role in developing and delivering strategy based projects, to clients in the Government and public sector in Qatar. You will be part of PwC's Middle East Defence Practice. The Middle East Defence Practice works with defence clients in both the government and industrial facets of defence consulting. The team offers clients a wide range of consulting expertise including, but not limited to:
Acquisition and procurement.
Education and Training.
Organisational set up, transformation and development.
Operational excellence including finance, HR and other operational functions.
Supply chain development and logistics transformation.
Cost reduction and efficiency optimization.
Commercial support inclusive of mergers and joint ventures.
Strategy development and capability enhancement. The Middle East Defence Practice are looking for a Director to lead the establishment and expansion of defence opportunities in the country. The role will include:
- Building a capable defence team, under the guidance and oversight of the Middle East defence leadership.
- Establishing effective client relationships with key client organisations, across both the government and industrial markets.
- Identifying and shaping opportunities for projects for the Middle East defence practice.
- Delivering quality solutions to clients across the defence environment in Qatar.
- Working with the wider Middle East Defence Practice to bring the best regional and global solutions to Qatar clients.
- Develop and implement a market establishment and expansion strategy for the country, with a particular focus on PwC's technology, digital and innovation capabilities.
- 15+ years of experience working in the defence environment, either in government or industry.
- Big 4 consulting or leading strategy consulting house experience.
- Previous (current preferable) experience working in the Middle East, with proven capability of building relationships and teams in the Middle East cultural environment
- Proven leadership capabilities for both direct reporting personnel and wider programme teams.
- Internationally recognized qualifications relating to subject expertise.
- Knowledge of the Middle East Defence market.
- Proven experience in the delivery of defence programmes, especially large scale, transformative and strategic.
- Proven experience of building teams from relative scratch, with ability to develop and implement market expansion strategies.