Job Title: Financial Reporting Specialist
Department: Group Financial Control
Location: Doha, Qatar
About Us: We are one of the largest banks in the MENA region
Position Overview: You will assume prime esponsibility for financial reporting, in line with pertinent regulatory requirements/ best practices. The role is based in their head office in Doha, with full relocation provided and the chance to earn a TAX FREE salary.
- Assist Head of Group Financial & Regulatory Reporting to create long-term financial strategies to maximize shareholder value and the underlying growth of the share price whilst pursuing prudent policies.
- Hold meetings with direct reports and assess their performance. Also take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts amongst Financial Reporting unit personnel.
- Monitor limits and exposures with a view to improving the Group’s profits, whilst at the same time ensuring compliance with the consolidated/ overall limits approved by the Board.
- Assist Head of Group Financial Reporting & Group Consolidation in developing/ creating the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes pertaining to the financial reporting related process and monitor the achievements of its individual departments/ units on periodic basis.
- Assist in Managing limits and exposures with a view to improving the Group’s profits, whilst ensuring compliance with the overall approved limits.
- Liaise with relevant officials from QCB and the external auditors of the Group, on matters pertaining to presentation and disclosure of financial statements, emerging financial reporting trends, impacts of proposed accounting standards etc.
- Ensure all financial regulatory reports/returns are prepared at a timely manner and are in line with the relevant regulatory requirements e.g. Shari’a reporting requirements, other QCB requirements, Qatar Exchange (Q.E.) related requirements overseas segments etc.
- Maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as best practices pertaining to financial reporting.
- Masters degree preferably in finance, accountancy or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CMA, CFA etc. is a plus .
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a major bank of which at least 2 years in a bank in a managerial capacity in the financial reporting function.
Apply now and potentially work for one of the largest banks in the MENA region and acquire countless benefits of living in one of the most beautiful places in the world!