Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will assist the Principal Specialist and provide his input to ensure a proper & timely preparation of the audit universe, annual audit plans, risk assessments as well as review of the audit reports prepared by Audit Managers sited in International Branches. The incumbent will also contribute in reviewing and commenting upon new/ significantly amended policies, relevant to international branches. In addition, He will also contribute in the quality assurance (QA) reviews on the work performed by the Heads of Audit/ Audit Managers in International Branches. The above role will also extend to the secondary responsibilities assigned to the incumbent in terms of specific activities/ functions/ departments and special projects as assigned by his superiors pertaining to his area. Role Description:
- Provide input to annual audit plan/ risk assessment and other audit tasks to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity based on the impact of the identified risks on the goals, objectives and strategy of the QNB Group.
- Monitor the annual audit plan approved for the Heads of Audit/ Audit Managers in international branches and ensure completion of the same within the assigned period as instructed by the Principal Specialist, - Support & Oversight for International Audit Activity. Also responsible for submitting status reports on the various assignments in progress to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity and explaining the reasons for the delay in completion of individual assignments, if applicable.
- Ascertain whether the coverage of the Heads of Audit/ Audit Managers activities is sufficient to provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls in place within the respective function/ area and add value to improve the effectiveness of the various activities performed by the concerned division/ department, as and where applicable.
- Participate in reviewing and developing appropriate risk assessment methodology/ parameters and criteria to facilitate evaluation of the individual functions/ processes/ products and related procedures based on the risk involved in the referenced activity/ function/ area.
- Assist the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity in performing the oversight and supervision over the local internal audit functions situated at the respective branches to ensure that the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting are conducted in consonance with the procedures/ guidelines contained in the Group internal audit manual, best practices for internal auditing, including but not limited to SPPIA recommendations/ guidelines.
- Assist the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity in developing the relevant tools to support an effective oversight and monitoring of QNB international branches.
- Review of all internal audit and special assignment/ investigation reports raised by Heads of Audit/ Audit Managers and communicate to resolve any queries arising from such a review and subsequent submission of the same to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity for his review/ perusal.
- Assist the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity in monitoring information on status of significant issues raised by the Heads of Audit/ Audit Managers, external auditor and regulator, and ensure that adequate follow-up process is in place
- Participate and provide advisory services with respect of any new branch establishment/ integration project.
- Responsible for the utilization of the appropriate audit software.
- Submit performance appraisals on timely basis as per the laid down policy in this regard to the Principal Specialist - International Support & Oversight for Global Audit Activity.
- Contribute in imparting training/ guidance to the relevant trainees and staff.
- Manage the Audit Support and Oversight of assigned International Subsidiaries, as and when required.
- Bachelor degree
- Professional qualifications such as CISA/ CISSP / CIA / CA/ ACCA etc.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in banking audit function (covering International & subsidiaries/ branches business) out of which 3 years in a managerial role with a major bank.
- Proficiency in corporate governance, risk concepts, international banking operations/ practices including credit, operations, treasury and investments, and pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Basel Committee best practices pertaining to the area of responsibility.
- Understanding of banking systems would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV