Head of Financial Istitutions and Correspondent Banking Relations
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
You will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with Financial Institutions and strengthening correspondent banking relationships by fostering new correspondent banking alliances; you will ensure the extension of the Group's reach to the different geographical areas of the world while adhering to the Bank's global and international strategy Role Description:
- Responsible for implementation of global QNB strategies while achieving all volume, revenue, and profit targets.
- Execute the approved Relationship Management strategy within the unit to achieve the business objectives.
- Monitor the target budgets for new and existing Financial Institutions relationships comprising placements, borrowings and loan syndications, etc., for the Financial Institutions Unit, in accordance with QNB's overall budget and strategy;
- Ensure the constant high level of customer service from the team while ensuring the build-up of lasting relationships with financial correspondents.
- Meeting with senior representatives from counter-parties while providing them with insights on the Bank's financial position and overall strategies.
Qualifications: University graduate
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all other related units, international branches and subsidiaries, to achieve Group's goals/objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other divisions in the Bank and international branches and subsidiaries when recommending relationships with counterparty banks and influencing them in enhancing their scope of business with QNB.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Group's compliance function when required.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Having the final say for business development, credit recommendation in coordination with FI-Risk, and relationship management for selected local, regional, and international banks and other specialized FIs.
- Overall supervision of QNB relationships with international FIs, including QNB international branches and subsidiaries; manage the global relationship out of Doha while overseeing and directing the international branches and subsidiaries dealings with other FIs.
- Deciding on new relationships, including the Nostros and Vostros, for QNB Doha as well as international branches and subsidiaries;
- Ensure compliance from direct staff on following the approved policies/ procedures in their day-to-day activities.
- Monitors the Financial Institutions' credit portfolio on overall basis to ensure targets are met, take any corrective measures on timely basis and to gauge the quality and performance of the portfolio.
- Approve credit proposals that are within the incumbent's delegated powers as determined by the internal policies and in coordination with FI-Risk.
- Reviews and approve bank profile reports and call memos.
- Ensure annual reviews of Financial Institutions are conducted on timely basis.
- Manage some of the Bank's international projects; such as the Annual IMF Meetings and SIBOS Expos.
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (AML & CTF, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy).
- Ensure systematic good outcomes for clients in accordance with Conduct Risk policy.
- Train and mentor junior Qatari colleagues & new hires,
- Ensuring high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information. Maintaining utmost confidentiality concerning customer and internal bank information obtained during the course of business and provide such information on a need to know basis only to Senior Management of QNB, Audit and Compliance functions, and relevant Regulators.
- All other ad hoc duties/activities related to QNB that management may request of the employee from time to time.
Majoring Marketing, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Information Technology or (related field of study), Masters preferred At least 10 years
of relevant experience, preferably within a highly rated international bank
Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and regulations for the Financial Institutions and correspondent banking segment
. Required Special Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic - "Preferred".
- Excellent people relationship skills and awareness of risk management concepts and practices.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and best practices pertaining to Financial Institution relationships,
- Strong knowledge of the basic cash management, trade finance and treasury products & services,
- Personal integrity and self-management.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Planning, organizing and analytical ability.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Familiar with the balanced scorecard approach.
- strong compliance culture and knowledge sanctions & AML laws and regulations.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph