Head of Financial Strategy
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 18 Mar 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Head of Financial Strategy, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
Full responsibility for the group financial budgeting and business planning. Responsible for analysing and deploying the latest budgeting & forecasting tools while developing the Group's budgetary policy / framework and the budgetary and business planning templates.
- Develop / implement and monitor annual budgets for all divisions of the Group in conjunction with the department heads.
- Provide management with regular reports on progress towards targets, flagging variations and performing initial checks on reasons for under/over achievement.
- Assist the Head of Group Financial Strategy and MIS to create long-term financial strategies to maximize shareholder value whilst pursuing prudent policies.
- Provide inputs in developing/ creating the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes pertaining to personnel responsible for Group Financial Budgeting and Business Planning within Group Financial Control and monitor their achievements on periodic basis.
- Ensure that relevant MIS reports are prepared and presented to the management/the Board on time to enable them to monitor business performance closely and taking timely corrective action.
- Coordinate with the various heads of divisions/departments/units to ensure the implementation of the budgeting exercise.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Liaise with the Group's IT Department to ensure budgetary reporting needs of the Group's business lines are timely resolved/attended to, to the extent these are dependent on required system enhancements.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Oversee the budgeting, forecasting and business planning of Group performance for the domestic and international businesses.
- Oversee analysis and deployment of the latest budgeting/ forecasting tools.
- Develop/enhance budgeting and forecasting techniques and maintain budgeting and forecasting standards for the domestic and international businesses.
- Oversee the development of the Group's budgetary policy/ framework and the related budgetary templates.
- Enhance the quality and consistency of the MIS produced for funds transfer pricing reporting related issue.
- Identify requirements for updating the MIS and budgeting system and lead on the implementation.
- Bachelor/ Master's degree preferably in finance, accountancy or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CMA, CFA etc. is a plus .
- Minimum of 9 years' experience in a major bank of which at least 5 years in a managerial capacity in the financial strategy function.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV