Head of International Operational Risk
- Salary: See description
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Feb 19
- Lead in the implementation of the New QNB Group Operational Risk Framework (Policies, Procedures and standards) with the aim to improve the groups management of its operational risks
- Increase the effectiveness of management’s oversight by analyzing and reporting operational risk data.
- Provide inputs in the Operational Risk Department’s annual budgeting process.
- Assist the AGM Group Operational Risk in preparing the Operational Risk Strategy that reflects the Group’s tolerance for risk and present it to the GCRO for discussion/ review.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, directives and guidelines of Group Risk Committees are promptly disseminated to, and understood by, the concerned officers and staff in the various QNB International Units to ensure that the best interests of the Bank are protected, Risks are mitigated, efficiency of operations are enhanced, and/or financial losses are avoided, and for action by the units.
- Distil insights and provide clarity on the top 10-15 most important or material operational risks to support risk-informed decisions at the executive committee level, ensure a risk dialogue among the management team, and enable proper risk oversight by the board
- Promote a strong control culture and general awareness of risk management across the business.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all senior management in Business and Support departments and units to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all relevant risk heads in Subsidiaries and International branches to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
- Utilise the group wide Operational Risk management system in line with updated framework and policy
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Carry out appropriate on-going evaluation of all systems, processes and infrastructure, to ensure policies, processes and standards are in place to identify, assess, measure, manage and report operational risks, including identification of the Subsidiaries systemic operational risk.
- Escalate relevant operational risk reporting/issues as requested by the AGM Group Operational Risk to include and comply with all internal and/or external requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of other projects as mandated by the AGM Group Operational Risk.
- Bachelor degree preferably in finance, economics or related subjects.
- Master and/or professional certifications such as CCSA is preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a major International bank of which at least 4 years in the development and execution of Operational risk Frameworks
- Ideally a mix of both 1st, 2nd and 3rd line experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- General knowledge of regulatory, political, reputational and environmental risk issues that would impact a complex financial services entity.
- Knowledge of Basel II Accord, with particular emphasis on operational-related issues.
- Excellent quantitative modelling, analytical, and research skills.
- Experience in working with large and complex data sets.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements.
- In-depth understanding of operational risk methodologies.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.