International Head of IT Security – CISSP CISM Banking
- >200k plus benefits, bonus & relocation
- Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter
- 21 Jan 19
Our client, a major international banking organisation headquartered in Qatar, are looking for an experienced IT Security professional to join as the International Head of IT Security, responsible for the bank’s IT Security matters across their international subsidiaries and branch network.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience working within a similar role at an international bank, be fluent in English and have experience working in an international setting.
- Lead in the implementation of the Group Information Security Framework (Polies, Procedures and standards) with the aim to improve the group’s management of its Information Security
- Increase the effectiveness of IT Security policies by creating a framework and KPIs to monitor the effectiveness or controls and perform analysis and assessments where required
- Assist the Group Chief Information Security Officer in preparing a suitable Information Security and present it to Senior Management
- Ensure that policies, procedures, directives and guidelines of Group Risk Committees are shared with stakeholders of relevant International Units to ensure Risks are mitigated, efficiency of operations are enhanced, and/or financial losses are avoided
- Provide insights on critical Information Security risks to support Exec-Committee decision making
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all senior management in Business and Support departments, as well as stakeholders across international subsidiaries and branches
- Ensure that the information security framework is well embedded across the business and functions to ensure transparency of risks, issues and events.
- Regularly contribute presentations to governance committees ensuring the Information Security profile is clearly reported and understood.
- Carry out appropriate on-going evaluation of all systems, processes and infrastructure, to ensure policies, processes and standards are in place
- Escalate relevant Information Security reporting/issues as requested by the Group Chief Information Security Officer to include and comply with all internal and/or external requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of strategic projects mandated by the Group Chief Information Security Officer
- Bachelor Degree in related subject
- Professional Certifications: CISM, CISSP or similar
- Extensive experience working within the banking sector, ideally within an international setting, with demonstrated managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory, political, reputational and environmental risk issues that would impact a complex financial services entity.
- Highly proficient in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements.
- In-depth understanding of Information Security methodologies.