Legal Admin Officer
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Job Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in protecting the Group's interests in all litigations. The incumbent will assume responsibility for assisting in providing sound legal advice across the Group in respect of all litigations. The incumbent will adopt a pro-active role to highlight and mitigate potential problems, being prepared for all eventualities. Job Description:
- Continuously contribute to the reporting of the high risk legal concerns relating to local and international issues confronted by the Group in its litigation cases and take adequate and timely mitigating actions to safeguard the Group's interest.
- Assist to maintain relationships Qatar Central Bank in respect of the requests relating to Court and General Authority Orders.
- Contribute to the diary system to ensure that no key dates in the conduct of any litigation are missed.
- Assist the more senior members of the Group Legal Litigations to ensure that the "know-how" from litigation cases is passed on to the Legal Advisory section for use in future transactions.
- Assist the Senior Officer/Legal Adviser in the management of QCB requests relating to Court and General Authority Orders.
- Contribute to the preparation of the weekly, quarterly and annual returns for executive management on the activities of the Legal Department.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality and ethics to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Bachelor Degree
- Maturity and sound judgement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (must).
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
- Ability to persuade others.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV