Manager - Large Corporate Relationship Management (Opportunity for Qatari National Only)
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for proactively managing the Bank's relationship with Large Corporate customers, which represent the most sensitive, complex and strategically important and profitable customers of the Bank and are the Bank's primary financial driver. The incumbent will assist in meeting the stated budget targets for the Large Corporate function in terms of revenue, profit, profitability and volumes in compliance with established QNB credit policies, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements. The incumbent will ensure that assigned large corporate clients' needs are met on a priority basis in compliance with prevailing best corporate financing practices and will proactively coordinate efforts and cross sell products with other Bank divisions / departments / functions. Role Description:
- Develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with QNB policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
- Prepare comprehensive credit proposals for new / prospective customers that adequately address all relevant risk factors and satisfy minimum acceptable standards of QNB corporate credit.
- Prepare comprehensive credit reviews for existing customer facilities, at least one month before limit expiry, that adequately address all relevant and current risk factors and the latest developments in the industry, market and business.
- Proactively obtain all requisite facility and account documentation to ensure each customer's file is current with valid legal documentation to secure / protect the Bank's interests including but not limited to the Articles of Association and any amendments thereto, financial statements for a minimum of 3 years, the company's annual report to its shareholders (publicly held companies only), Commercial Registration, list of authorized signatories, corporate client details and details on the credit request and amount.
- Identify and timely report on all negative events and early signals on potentially problematic accounts / relationships.
- Maintain the timely review of credit applications and documents within set turn around time, in coordination with Credit Risk.
- During the annual review exercise, the incumbent is expected to identify changing circumstances to assess risk and mitigating actions.
- Monitoring customer's credit positions for full compliance with set limits and QNB's Investment and Credit Strategy.
- Prepare periodic Management and Business Information reports to executive management, as requested.
- University graduate with at least 4 years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with local / Gulf experience.
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and any regulations for the corporate banking customer segment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Arabic.
- Excellent people relationship skills and awareness of risk management concept and practices.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices pertaining to Corporate Banking products.
- Good knowledge in financial statements and ratios relevant to corporate banking in addition to introducing covenants in a relevant facility structure.
- Good understanding of cashflow and financial models
- Personal integrity, self-motivation and self-management.
- Qatari National
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV