Oracle Business Intelligence / Analytics (BI and Data Scientist) Consultant
Line of Business (LOB) Oracle Consulting, MEO
Job Title: Business Intelligence Cloud Architect
Oracle Consulting has an extremely high profile with customers. We understand and analyze their IT problems and opportunities, then provide the best Oracle technology solutions. Cloud, Technology and Applications consultants act as trusted advisors for customers, and do whatever it takes to deliver solutions that meet their business and value objectives.
As a consulting business, customer relationships are the heart of growing our business. We are ambassadors at the customer site both to create the right relationship and trust from the customers and to deliver high quality projects, services and advices. Our skills and capabilities are Oracle Consulting's most important asset.
Oracle Consulting's solutions lines include:
· Oracle Software as a Service (SaaS) Applications, such as ERP, HCM, and CRM
· On-Premise Oracle Applications, such as Oracle e-Business Suite R12
· Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS) & Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), including
o Application Development
o Integration & Data Management
o Content Management & User Experience
· Oracle Fusion Middleware
· Oracle Business Analytics (BI, EPM, Data Warehouse, & Predictive Analytics)
· Oracle Database & Big Data Platform
The Oracle Consulting organization aims to grow revenue and increase value contribution to our customers by:
Providing best of industry service to maximize customer satisfaction and enable business requirements
Leading innovation, expertise and specialization through a high performance organization
Driving the most agile and efficient solution while expanding existing customers base
Oracle Consulting, Middle East Operations (MEO), is looking for a Business Intelligence Cloud Architect consultant with hands on experience on different BI tools, to join the team to help Oracle clients in their Business Analytics projects. Oracle's drive into the cloud has meant an increase in demand for consulting services which includes Business Intelligence.
The candidate should have at least 5 or more years of consulting and professional experience in various Oracle Business Intelligence technologies including Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g/12C (OBIEE), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Golden Gate (OGG), Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) and Weblogic. Working experience on BI implementations for clients of large and medium scale industries. Have proficiency in design and development of BI objects and ETL/ELT using ODI and/or OWB. Exposure to any implementations of BI on Oracle Cloud will be highly regarded. Exposure to programming in R and Oracle R Enterprise is preferred.
We are looking for senior consultants capable of leading compelling solution development with clients to "Inspire, Connect and Perform".
· To act as a trusted advisor to senior clients in the MEO region:
· To develop compelling, profitable and deliverable customer solutions with Oracle and customers
· To be commercially astute when engaging and advising a client
· To act as ambassadors for Oracle solutions throughout a customer engagement
· Work closely with client, sales, pre-sales and delivery staff to develop a robust architecture
· Take full ownership of "best practice" of their competency area, covering the whole strategic footprint
· Manage the re-use and knowledge management of their competency area
· Work with customers transforming OnPremise OBIEE implementations to BICS or develop fresh BICS implementations for new Oracle customers.
· Design, configure and build Oracles' pre-built Analytics applications as well as customisations.
· Install and configure OBIEE, ODI and Oracle's pre-built applications.
· Understand and customise delivered Oracle Analytics functionality.
· Develop Data Warehouse capabilities.
· Act as a mentor to other team members as well as customers with best-practice implementation approaches.
· Collect implementation requirements and convert them into tangible deliverables.
· Expertise in tuning OBIEE/ ODI processes to meet performance requirements of reports as well as Extract jobs.
· Experience in Oracle Big Data and Advanced Analytics (Data Mining and R)
· Sound knowledge of Data Science principles and Modelling techniques
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Fluent English
• Experience/Technical/ Professional knowledge
• Minimum 5 years of architecture, design, implementation & consulting experience around Business Intelligence & Analytics
• Minimum of two implementations in Big Data and Advanced Analytics, including predictive modelling
• Must be proficient in ORACLE BI stack of tools (OBIEE / ODI).
• Expert skills in OBIEE 11g/12c
• Expert skill with Oracle Database 11g/12c
• Expert level Oracle database programming skills. SQL, PL/SQL.
• Exposure to multiple source systems is mandatory.
• Exposure to Weblogic, Unix/Linux shell scripts and Unix tools would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service (BICS) is strongly preferred
• Strong Problem Solving & Communication Skills.
• At least 2 full life cycle implementations.
• Knowledge of at least one industry & understanding of functional domains (Finance, HCM, SCM, and CRM) is preferred
• This is a Billable Consulting role and requires up to 70% travel. Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).