Oracle Cloud SCM (Supply Chain Management) - Principal Consultant - Qatar
As an Oracle ERP Supply Chain Management Functional Consultant, you are primarily responsible for capturing, analyzing and estimating customer business requirements and translating them into Oracle ERP / Oracle Cloud ERP solution architecture that fit within the customer's business environment and business objectives.
You will lead complex functional/process analysis and facilitates workshops with senior customer resources and subject matter experts. Captures and understands client's business requirements and specifies system, application or process designs.
You should also be in involved in a bid process in mapping the client requirements to the base product functionality to present a product fit. You should lead the complex functional analysis and review the solution overview, functional designs, technical designs, configuration within the project. You are overall contributor to deliver a fully-functioning solution to the client.
You liaise with business analysts for the requirements, management for the estimations and high level planning, functional architects, technical architects, designers, developers, product team, and test teams for the solution implementation, during the entire phase of a project implementation.
Leads teams of designers and developers throughout the implementation life cycles to produce analysis and designs for new and ongoing projects demonstrating:
- In depth knowledge of functional domains such as: Procurement, Advanced Procurement, Sourcing, Contracts, Inventory, Logistics, Order Management, Maintenance, Manufacturing and others
- In depth knowledge of the overall architecture of Oracle ERP and/or Oracle Cloud ERP.
- Expertise in application of Oracle's OUM methodology.
- Expertise in supporting Testing, Defects Analysis and Fixing in sync with product development and support
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Oracle solution, and keep abreast with the product roadmap.
- Good understanding of Oracle technology
The Senior Functional Consultant must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification
- Analyses software requirements, defines solution parameters and specifications.
- Conduct formal workshops with the client to gather requirements, displaying knowledge of the business environment in defining the customer's needs
- Produce the estimations of the solution and involved in the high level planning and implementation methodology of the project.
- Able to be engaged in Pre-Sales activities and writing of technical proposals
- Leads the function design process. Facilitates design workshops.
- Negotiates and manages functional scope to reduce business and technical risks for both the client and Oracle Consulting
- Requires Software Development Lifecycle experience.
- Ramp up on Cloud methodology and approach
- Able to apply professional mastery and industry-wide understanding of technology, tools and methodologies to develop solutions in leading edge or critical situations.
- Viewed by customers as a trusted adviser
- Able to manage the customer and manage situations during the implementation process with the customer
- Assist software developers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Should be able to review the technical solution designs, configuration aligned with the functional solution.
- Should be able to conduct trainings for clients and within oracle.
- Coordinate with the product team to provide inputs for the future enhancement of the product.
- Good team player and have strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with a lot of energy and drive
- Mentor junior consultants.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain.
- Fluent in English and/or French on top of the Arabic mother tong
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- 5+ years experience in software industry. Working in a consultancy capacity on customer sites
- Previous strong hands on implementation experience of Oracle eBusinsess Suite R12 , at least 3 full cycles of successful implementations
- Hands on implementation experience on Oracle Cloud Fusion of 2 projects minimum
- Business skills (SCM, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc..)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Working experience with global SCM/Logistics department.
- Ramp up on Cloud ERP product line
- Previous Implementation Experience in Steel Process Manufacturing Industry is a plus
- Project Management hands on
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).