Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for proactively managing the Bank's relationship with Commercial Banking Sector customers to assist in meeting the stated budget targets for the Commercial Banking function in terms of revenue, profit, profitability and volumes in compliance with established QNB credit policies, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements. The incumbent will ensure that assigned Commercial Banking clients needs are met on a priority basis in compliance with prevailing best practices and will proactively coordinate efforts and cross sell products with other Bank divisions / departments / functions. Role Description:
- Maintain and conduct activities in compliance with policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
- Manage assigned clients on overall basis to ensure targets are met, corrective measures where necessary are implemented on timely basis and to systematically evaluate the quality and performance of the same.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to Relationship Officers to ensure their credit proposals adequately address all relevant risk factors and meet minimum acceptable standards.
- Perform sales activity in accordance with Head of Commercial Banking Sector directives and timely update the database of client contacts.
- Systematically visit client premises, conduct meetings and prepare / deliver presentations, as appropriate.
- Identify and timely report on all negative events and early signals on potential problematic accounts/relationships that are managed by the Commercial Banking Sector.
- Perform cross selling activities in coordination with other Corporate Banking functions, departments, QNB Capital Corporate Banking, International, regional and international branches, representative offices, affiliates, Foreign Institutions, Treasury, Legal, Retail, and Head Office support functions in order to enhance QNB's overall relationship with the Group Corporate & Institution Banking base.
- Supervise the roll-out of conventional corporate banking products targeted to Commercial Banking Sector customers.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key managers of existing and potential customers to provide a broader range of communication, service consistency and response to clients needs.
- Submit periodic Management Information / Business Information reports to the Head of Commercial Banking Sector and to other executive management of the Group to appraise them about the Sector's performance and the assigned portfolio of clients.
- Maintain the timely review of credit applications and documents within set turn around time, in coordination with Credit Risk. . During the annual review exercise, the incumbent is expected to identify changing circumstances to assess risk and mitigating actions.
- Review the spreading of the financial statements on assigned software while assessing the credit risk related to each client and identify mitigating actions/ controls.
- Prepare financial analysis for assigned clients to measure its performance and its capacity of repayment.
- University graduate with at least 8 years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with local / Gulf experience.
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and any regulations for the corporate banking customer segment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Arabic.
- Excellent people relationship skills and awareness of risk management concept and practices.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices pertaining to Corporate Banking products.
- Good knowledge in financial statements and ratios relevant to corporate banking in addition to introducing covenants in a relevant facility structure.
- Solid financial analysis skills and strong knowledge of accounting conventions.
- General understanding of underlying risks of each industry.
- Ability to structure a panel of banking products suitable to the banking needs of customers while emphasizing on cross selling.
- Good understanding of cashflow and financial models
- Personal integrity, self-motivation and self-management.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV