The role reports into Head of Liquidity Risk and is intended to provide advanced quantitative analytics support to the overall ALM & Liquidity Framework of the bank. The candidate will have specialized experience and technical capability to deliver an end-to-end control framework along with advanced analytics applicable to market risk activities, ALM, modelling, FTP, Liquidity Risk, Economic Capital and related functional / operational capacity.
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Assist in the management of fundamental prudential risks of the bank: counterparty, leverage, liquidity, interest rate, currency, and other market risks.
- Support in the oversight and formulation of advice to the Senior Management on the current risk exposures of the bank and future risk strategy, including strategy for capital and liquidity management with due consideration to the current and prospective macroeconomic and financial environment.
- Assist in developing a strategic direction so as to ensure that the Bank moves further along the continuum in terms of sophistication and analytical tools with respect to capital adequacy calculation on each of the risk dimensions
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Coordinate with Compliance to obtain updates on regulatory changes pertaining to risk to assess their impact on the Group’s different portfolio risk profiles.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with other related departments and units to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):Review and propose necessary changes to the existing portfolio management techniques and procedures for the domestic and overseas business in light of changing market conditions based on Basel Committee recommendations/ other best practices and QCB or any host regulator regulations and guidelines to ensure that a sound environment for identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring and controlling Risk is in place.
- Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess superior knowledge of credit risk management best practices including but not limited to pertinent Basel II & Basel III Framework on credit risk management and capital adequacy requirements.
- Hold meetings with different business units to better assess the risks of the Credit Portfolio.
- Solid experience in market risk and liquidity risk management as well as excellent understanding of Asset-Liability management
- Masters degree preferably in finance, economics &/or quantitative subjects.
- Professional certification such as FRM, CPA, CFA.
- 8+ years of experience in international banking with specific focus on Liquidity Risk Management, Stress tests, & ALM quantitative methods.
Required Special Skills:
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- In-depth understanding of risk methodologies, interest rate modelling, VAR, and/or other complex financial risk modelling.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequate knowledge of IT systems/ applications.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements, including related best practices.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure