Established in 1964 as the countryâ€™s first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Groupâ€™s presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poorâ€™s (A), Moodyâ€™s (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Groupâ€™s consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will assume prime responsibility for the budgeting, forecasting and business planning of the Group performance for the domestic and international businesses, analyzing and deploying the latest budgeting/ forecasting tools. Role Description:
- Assist in leading the annual budgeting process for all divisions/ departments of the Group and also assist in maintaining consistent business planning, budget, and review procedures throughout the Group and monitoring budgetary control systems.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units within the Group to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required
- Assist in developing/enhancing and maintain budgeting and forecasting tools and techniques for the Group.
- Ensure adherence to financial control policies and procedures.
- Liaise with concerned departments and IT Department to resolve all observed inaccuracies in outputs/systems.
- Identify requirements for updating the budgeting system.
- Responsible for developing Group's budgetary policy/ framework and the related budgetary templates.
- Assist in developing and improving budget monitory forms and structures to ensure an accurate and complete budget control process.
- Bachelor/ Masters degree in finance, accountancy or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, or CFA is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a major bank in the budgeting function.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV