Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will assist the Head of Global Risk Support in overseeing and promoting the coordination of activities between Group Risk Division's Departments and the various QNB International entities. Role Discription:
- Ensure the prompt, efficient and timely supervision, coordination, collection and dissemination of all relevant information, data and reporting needs of Group Risk with QNB International Units.
- Formulate and provide, in coordination with concerned Group Risk functions, standard formats for reporting requirements by QNB International units.
- Act as a "Help Desk" function to assist all QNB Divisions and QNB International units, with regards to clarification of Group Risk policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as information on required ad hoc or periodic reporting or data requirements from Group Risk.
- Represent Group Risk in meetings, projects and other joint initiatives with other QNB Divisions and QNB International Units, as directed by the AGM SRM.
- Ensure that there is a mechanism, in standardized formats, for periodic reporting of the Group's international Risk exposures, to the relevant Risk Division functions and QNB Board / Executive Management level committees.
- Participate in the annual / other periodic business and strategy review meetings of the QNB International units.
- Conduct periodic on-site operational, organizational and business Risk assessments of QNB International Units to ensure compliance with approved policies, guidelines and strategy directives.
- University graduate with a degree in business, finance, economics or related subjects.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in banking industry / or specialized financial consultancy firms.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Banking, International Banking, Compliance and Regulatory Standards and Risk Management, including experience in multiple countries and/or regions.
- Good knowledge of Risk Management and financial industry related best practices, as well as key Risk functions and concepts
- Good understanding and ability to utilize leading Risk measurement techniques and tools e.g. Moody's MRA for corporate default probabilities, Value at Risk etc.
- Understanding of IT systems and operations as they related to Risk processes.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail, strong team player. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects, and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Arabic a plus, but not required).
- Ability and willingness to train coach and mentor junior staff.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV