Senior Analyst Risk Model Validations
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 20 Feb 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Senior Analyst Risk Model Validations, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
This is a specialized role to support Risk models validations and stress tests for Group Credit & Market Risk portfolios. The functional requirements also include supporting the Capital Modelling, ICAAP, IFRS9 and relevant regulatory compliance projects. The incumbent will own and administer the overall Risk model validation framework as part of his Risk governance responsibilities and conduct validation of Risk models on a periodic basis and ensure tracking of recommendations arising from Risk Model Approval & Usage Committee. While taking charge of setting Methodology Standards and Monitoring Standards relating to all QNB Group Risk Models as well as monitoring adherence to those Standards and maintaining the related policies. The role requires specialized quantitative modelling skills as well as ability to work with large and complex data-sets. Apply various statistical and portfolio analysis techniques and ability to present these evaluations in presentable formats.
- Ensure that outcomes of the analysis, models & reporting and Risk applications serve best to the business plan and the strategic direction of the Bank.
- Requires ability to function effectively in team environment, yet be a self starter and able to carry out tasks with initial guidance.
- Functions include quantitative and qualitative analytics and portfolio management for Credit Risk as well as ICAAP.
- An end-to-end liaison with external vendors for implementation, maintenance and enhancement of Risk and Portfolio Management applications, models and data services.
- Arrange and conduct user trainings for projects launched by Group Risk.
- Provide IT liaison, as applicable for development, testing and production of data required for portfolio management functions and applications.
- Provide analysis, presentations and Risk reporting to various internal audiences, including Group Risk & QNB Executive Management, as requested by department head.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Coordinate with other departmental requirements such as Internal Audit etc.
- Cross benefit of the project outcomes to the various users in all Risk areas and other business units.
- Provide effective reporting tools for monitoring of investment exposures and timely and efficient reporting to senior management.
- Must have degree in Actuarial Science, Computing, Risk Management or / and quantitative field of study such as Statistics & Mathematics.
- 8 years or more relevant experience in financial services and / or quantitative modelling and / or finance.
- Preferred if the candidate has professional Risk certification especially FRM &/or CFA.
- Must have very strong Risk Management modelling skills such as Credit Risk Ratings, Probability of Default (PD) modelling, RAROC, Value at Risk (VaR) etc.
- Preferred if the candidate has hands-on experience for Algo RiskWatch, ACL model parameterization, and RiskFrontier-MKMV Model, SQL, SAS etc..
- Detailed knowledge of financial/banking markets and products and ability to model Risk requirements into quantitative solutions.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects with the use of various IT tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ability to prepare reports, analysis and presentations for executive management.
- Proficiency in Risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements, including related best practices.
- Self-motivated Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV