Senior Domain Administrator
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 23 Jan 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Senior Domain Administrator, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
The incumbent will be responsible for the design and implementation of centralized data collection systems.
- Provide support for All non-core Servers and Infrastructure Applications (Active Directory, Exchange, Archiving, Enterprise Backup, ECC, Sharepoint, etc.), including upgrades, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Support the systems administration activities and Java installation and upgrades.
- Develop or enhance monitoring applications and scripts.
- Work with the Systems Group to deploy Web capabilities.
- Be on call to support essential business clients and emergency situations.
- Provide support for Servers and infrastructure application users, including upgrades, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Specify hardware and software solutions for Division users.
- Install components; analyze problems; diagnose and repair systems.
- Work with management to plan development of computer infrastructure for office and classroom systems.
- Oversee technician and consultant as needed.
- Work as second level for data collection system.
- Standardize practices and procedures based on a software development methodology.
- Select appropriate software tools by balancing business needs and costs.
- Administer all Servers (DC, DR, Branches, and Departmental Server).
- Provide Severs Computing Support for hardware and software.
- Apply software patches / upgrades and respond to user requests as needed.
- Diagnose problems with hardware (PC desktop or server).
- Repair or upgrade hardware.
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all domain computing equipment's.
- Understand and work with Microsoft Active Directory, administration, creation of user accounts and Internet E-mail.
- Serve as a site representative to the Disaster Recovery committee and participate in periodic DR testing.
- Maintain local MS servers and small network with Cisco firewall.
- Administer Domain Services, Active Directory on Server, multiple SQL Servers, IIS Servers and Terminal Servers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Telecommunications, Business Administration or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of IT.
- Proficiency in IT tools, techniques and related procedures, including best practices relating to the same.
- Knowledge of banking processes/ operations and procedures, transactions and banking systems.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to take decisions and follow through with initiative.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Planning, organizing and analytical ability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Familiarity with Network Design concepts.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Windows technology and the Internet.
- Prior PC experience required - appropriate certifications are desirable.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV