Established in 1964 as the countryâ€™s first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Groupâ€™s presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poorâ€™s (A), Moodyâ€™s (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Groupâ€™s consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be primarily responsible to assist the Head of Security Technology Engineering to design, implement, and support key information technology security solutions. The incumbent will be responsible to design and implement key technology solutions that protect the firm from cyber security attacks while ensuring that such products help the organization maintain compliance with International regulations and relevant industry standards (such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, et al) Role Description:
- Providing Information technology security risk advisory services, to various business initiatives, working with business sponsors, project staff, vendor partners, to deploy the most effective integrated technical solutions.
- Engineer solutions and undertake advisory services to drive compliance against QNB policies, regulatory requirements and industry best practices such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ITIL, SABSA and COBIT.
- Manage post-event reviews to identify root causes and highlight corrective actions.
- Coordinate with other departments to solve IT security issues
- Research and propose information security products and services to protect and enhance the Group's defences form cyberattacks both at the infrastructure and application.
- Recommend network, software and technology modifications.
- Establish baseline standards for infrastructure systems.
- Design and Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to evaluate QNB's risk exposure from IT Security risks.
- University Graduate in computer science, computer engineering or related subjects. Masters degree preferred.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, preferably within a highly rated international bank or large corporate in an information security engineering capacity
- Professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA is mandatory
- Security engineering certifications and qualifications in Microsoft operating systems (such as MCSA, MCSE, et al) or Linux (such as RHCP, et al) are mandatory
- Excellent understanding of Information security technologies including firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, IDS/IPS, ATP and sandbox solutions, EDR, vulnerability scanners, DLP, data classification tools, PAM, IAM, DDOS mitigation systems and more
- Excellent administration skills on Microsoft and Linux servers.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph