Specialist International Compliance Monitoring & Testing (ICM&T)
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 18 Jun 19
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Specialist International Compliance Monitoring & Testing (ICM&T), to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines.
Responsible for aligning the Compliance Program to international standards and ensuring its continuous enhancement to identify compliance risks. The Incumbent is also responsible for directing and supervising the compliance reviews performed at international entities, and instituting an effective follow-up process. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for building the e-training programs on a yearly basis, direct international entities to adequately implement the systems and controls adopted at Group level, and establish a comprehensive reporting mechanism with these entities.
- Contribute to the development of a framework for identifying the compliance weaknesses and deficiencies at international entities as a result of the monitoring and testing initiatives, therefore preventing the Group from incurring financial losses.
- Managing, enhancing and maintaining the reporting mechanism with overseas entities leading to ensuring that the compliance projects are adequately implemented and embedded in order to report accordingly to the Group Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Assist the Head of International Compliance Monitoring & Testing in identifying the areas of required enhancement and that present a higher risk exposure for the Group.
- Contribute to the development of the criteria and components of the compliance monitoring and testing initiatives and objectives based on international standards, leading practices and gaps noted during the ongoing reviews.
- Provide input to the establishment of the International Compliance Monitoring & Testing Annual Plan.
- Contribute to defining the criteria and setting the components of the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Models of the International Compliance Department to be applied at international entities.
- Supervise and guide studies, analysis and researches aiming to the enhancement of the Compliance Models at international entities.
- Plan and supervise the implementation of the Compliance Models at the international entities by providing instructions and setting project plans.
- Develop comprehensive approach for undertaking the Compliance Reviews covering the end-to-end process and documentation.
- Establish and determine the components of the framework for undertaking compliance reviews on a risk-based approach including a comprehensive Compliance Program.
- Supervise and manage Compliance Reviews at international entities including the planning phase, the fieldwork review, and the draft and final reporting.
- Coordinate with international entities to make improvements to systems and processes in order to correct any violations or operational deficiencies found.
- Remain abreast of emerging international regulations and supervise the follow-up to ensure their implementation in relevant policies, procedures and processes.
- Maintain and develop the Monthly Compliance Reporting with international entities, analyse the input received, and highlight the major actions and escalation requirements to the Head of International Compliance Monitoring & Testing.
- Set the criteria and Implement an exhaustive Risk-Based Follow-Up Process embracing the compliance pending items, and submit quarterly Management Information reports to the Head of International Compliance Monitoring & Testing.
- Bachelor degree with professional qualifications such as CCO/ CIA/ CPA.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 5 years should be in a team leading role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV