We are working with an international banking organisation who are looking for an experienced Technical Analyst capable of working within a techno-functional role supporting the treasury business specifically with regard to the Finastra FusionCapital OPICS system.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Brief Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Consulting with business unit management, from an IT perspective, to help identify and improve business system needs
- Define business needs and translate them into business analysis and requirements specifications.
- Develop good relationships with vendor to support business.
- Act as a liaison between technical IT staff and business users
- Provide daily support of existing systems, and provide troubleshooting as requested.
- Collaborate with other internal IT groups, both local and international, to deliver technical solutions to the clients, and to resolve their business challenges using IT systems and functions. Develop a partnership with local and international business users and create a positive relationship to clearly understand business processes, short and long-term business objectives, and functional goals.
- Define and document business, functional and technical specifications for software based solutions.
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Prepare business proposals for software development projects for eventual presentation to senior management.
- Evaluate alternative solutions via RFP and vendor documents.
- Interpret end user requirements; design, develop and implement applications to meet business needs while adhering to development standards.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures across the group various business and support functions.
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate with a degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Relevant experience working with and supporting the Finastra FusionCapital OPICS system, ideally covering FX, MM, FI, GL, CR, OT, SW modules.
- OPICS integration and implementation experience would be hugely beneficial
- Sound knowledge of the Treasury domain including Treasury products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.