IT Project Manager
We are looking for an IT Project Manager that will plan, lead, organize, and motivate an agile project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality while delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to the organization, its customers, and end users. The IT Project Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects and/or initiatives using agile methods in a fast-paced environment. He / She may play a number of different roles including business analyst, scrum master, software tester, liaison, data analyst, and trainer/coach in addition to project manager to deliver successful project results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 years of experience as a Project Manager or Scrum Master managing projects in a fast-paced agile environment
- A proven track record of successfully managing software or web development projects preferably using Agile methodologies
- Managed projects requiring continuous Business and IT communication, including executive level communication
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of internal/external customer trust and confidence
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on sprint/task details while maintaining the "big picture" product/release view
- Experience as a functional manager overseeing multi-function project teams consisting of developers, business analysts, and QA personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Must speak and write in English fluently; at least basic Romanian language skills are needed
NICE TO HAVE
- Agile Project Management tools such as story maps, epics, user stories, Kanban boards, relative sizing estimation techniques, velocity tracking, as well as burndown and burnup charts
- Project Management software such as Workfront, Jira, Rally, VersionOne or Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio or LucidChart for workflow diagramming
- Balsamiq Mockups or equivalent software mockup / design prototyping tools
- Managed a project team utilizing a SCRUM framework, including Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and Daily Scrums
- Completed any of the following: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CPO), User Story Development, PMI-ACP
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in the team that creates, develops and maintains one of the best sources of real-time and historical information about the fuel industry worldwide
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (Pool Table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.