To Lead the development of HR (workforce/people and functional HR) strategy of IsDB, to monitor the performance of HR function by tracking KPIs and to identify and oversee implementation of HR projects and initiatives to further improve HR service delivery and efficiency. Also responsible...
Strategic & Operational Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and maintenance of HR strategy (i.e. what talent do we need and how do we deliver it) in alignment with IsDB’s overall strategy and culture in order to achieve the HR’s short, medium, and long term objectives while ensuring effective cascading of the strategy into functional business plans.
- Manage the Bank wide annual workforce planning exercise taking into account the business plans and relevant HR indicators to make an accurate forecast of the workforce.
- Drive the strategic workforce planning exercise considering the demand and supply of specific skills and IsDB’s policy of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Develop, maintain and periodically review the IsDB HR operating model, in line with the Global Best Practices.
- Put in place Metrics / KPI’s to track and measure the performance and effectiveness of HR Function as a whole.
- Lead in the identification and implementation of relevant initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of HR function to meet business requirements.
- Lead the design and maintenance of analytical HR tools & reporting mechanisms, such as scorecard & dashboards.
- Support HRMD Director in defining the functions within HR to ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities and delegation of authorities to effectively execute the HR strategy and associated HR services.
- Support HRMD Director in ensuring that HR Plans, policies, and programs are aligned with the IsDB culture model, and they are conducive to promoting it across the Bank
- Oversee the exercise of job analysis / reviews (in collaboration with the CoC Compensation & Benefits and Sourcing & Recruiting) for new / existing jobs to ensure alignment with IsDB’s mission and business strategy.
- Review the grading structure of IsDB and propose recommendations taking into account various HR metrics and the local, regional and global trends.
- Lead the design and conduct staff opinion and pulse surveys to measure the level of staff satisfaction with the quality and effectiveness of HR services and to gauge the employee engagement level within IsDB.
- Contribute to improving the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) within IsDB through the provision of enhanced and efficient HR programs and services.
- Conduct assessment of culture model and promote its awareness and implementation
- Participate in the preparation and consolidation of Annual HR budget, monitor spending against the budget and identify potential areas for cost reduction.
- Coordinate and plan day-to-day work within the team including progress report and feedback.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to the staff in HR Strategy & Planning and take care of their individual developments.
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership to the staff and guide them on a regular basis.
- Manage the performance and resources of the section staff through delegation of responsibility, setting stretch objectives and providing regular feedback and promptly addressing areas of underperformance.
- Monitor and assess the skills and capabilities of the staff and determine developmental plans to plug the gaps.
- Act as a role-model to the staff by inculcating the values of IsDB, demonstrating leadership competencies and providing direction and support in the times of change.
Education, Certification and Experience
- Masters degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Occupational/organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or other social sciences.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in human resources management, of which 5 years in HR Strategy and Planning, preferably in a multi-lateral development, financial or global organization, and
- Minimum 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge
- Ability to draw actionable steps from IsDB overall strategy.
- High degree of confidentiality and protection of sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations.
- Ability to carry out performance evaluations at business and direct report level.
- Ability to plans and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to influence others by using rational arguments.
- Ability to consistently work to a high standard and look for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Job Analysis, Job Designing and Job Descriptions development.
- Hands-on experience in workforce planning and workload assessment
- Project Management skills
- Negotiation and Relationship management skills
- Advanced skills in designing and implementing staff opinion and engagement surveys.