As the Head of the Operations arm of IsDB, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) shall lead the Regional Hubs(RH) in achieving the operational mandate of IsDB by ensuring sustainable business development; leading the development of operations strategies and plans; preparing and implementing the Directorate’s...
Operations and Portfolio Management:
- Oversee the Bank's operations in regional hubs and enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness to safeguard its AAA rating.
- Ensure the Bank's regional hubs have in place the systems, procedures, and resources required to fulfil its mandatory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Prepare reports for the VP and the Board, identifying issues, apparent problems, opportunities, and service gaps, and recommend initiatives and amendments to policies and programs, as required.
- Ensure timely preparation of project implementation assessment reports and country portfolio performance reviews by the regional hubs, highlighting fundamental problems and issues faced, actions taken, and lessons learned.
- Take action to mitigate legal risks associated with contracts and documentation across all parts of the Bank's operations delivered by the Regional Hubs.
- Ensure that the Bank's regional hubs operate cost-effectively and propose an annual budget and cost framework for sustainable activities.
- Act as a focal point and 'Resource Centre' for all matters related to countries under the remit of the Directorate's regional hubs.
- Interact with crucial public-sector and private-sector counterparts in the countries and external developers to identify potential projects in line with MCPSs for IsDB involvement.
- Preparing and implementing the Directorate's Annual Work Plans (AWP) in close coordination with CP Complex. Adjust and tailor AWP based on the lessons learned from the implementation of past projects and in line with MCPSs
- Ensure rigorous project appraisals are carried out according to the operation manual guidelines and the Bank's applicable policies/ procedures.
External representation and partnerships:
- Build and network with internal and external stakeholders, i.e., IsDB's Governors' Offices, Executive Directors, Counterpart Organizations, and other partners, to implement the relevant programs.
- Activate and develop technical and strategic relations between IsDB Group and financial and development institutions in member countries in close coordination with the IsDB President to strengthen, stimulate, and diversify relationships and cooperation.
- Act as a key representative of the Bank at external forums regarding topics related to the Bank's country operations.
- Support the establishment of high-level partnerships to foster the regional network of the COO Directorate Team and recommend the development and implementation of regional initiatives.
- Direct the creation of policies and procedures necessary for the operation of the regional hubs and implement all policies and procedures adopted by the Management and the Board of Directors.
- Monitor the regional hubs' Risk and Governance systems to ensure that resources are managed in a manner that fully complies, in both spirit and letter, with the applicable rules, regulations, legislation, and the policies set by the Board.
- Monitor and assess the skills and capabilities of the COO Directorate to determine the actions needed to increase the hubs' impacts and support filling in critical capability gaps of teams through capacity development and recruiting efforts.
- Supervise regional hubs' operations to ensure the proper safeguard of the confidentiality of information on the Bank's operations with individual clients in compliance with the Bank's policies.
- Manage the performance and resources of the COO Directorate through delegation of responsibility, setting clear objectives, and providing regular feedback on results at a unit level, promptly addressing underperformance issues.
- Provide recommendations for formulating the Bank's strategic direction and targets and contribute to the strategic and operational oversight by the Bank's Management.
- Work towards achieving the Bank's strategic objectives, balancing short-term results with long-term sustainability.
- Provide clear verbal and behavioral signals that define the Bank's business and management culture of regional hubs in the context of its strategic objectives.
- Contribute to establishing clear and consistent management practices across the Bank's regional hubs to ensure an effective and cohesive management team.
- Motivating and developing employees for the Bank's regional hubs to have competent human resources to ensure high professional standards.
- Act as a role model to communicate to regional hubs' employees IsDB's values and missions.
Education, Experience & Certification
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Master's degree in economics, finance, business (e.g., MBA), engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 13 years of experience in development, including five years managing country/sector-specific project implementation.
- An outstanding track record of achievement demonstrated through business results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and develop a high-performance culture in organizations.
- At least 10 years of managerial experience.
- A record of delivering results in complex projects, country portfolios, and partnership arrangements with substantial experience in project planning, development, management, or evaluation.
- A proven ability to engage effectively at the most senior levels across the public, private, and civil society sectors and mobilize partners for transformative action.
- Excellent understanding of multilateral development institutions, strategies, and operational issues.
- Highly developed negotiation skills to yield positive outcomes with both internal and external senior counterparts.
- Highly developed strategic thinking skills to translate strategic concepts and direction into implementing workable and sustainable projects and programs. Demonstrate ability to take prudent business risks and make effective, timely, and well-thought-out decisions.
- Strengthen and build partnerships and synergies internally across functions and geographies and externally with key institutions to drive integration and development.
- Develop constructive working relationships at the highest management level within the Bank and externally to effectively deal with critical, sometimes contentious, issues.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with stakeholders at the highest levels across sectors.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge
- Knowledge of MDBs operations.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Conference Diplomacy and Multilateral Negotiation.
- International Crisis Management.
- Commercial Diplomacy.
- Cultural Diplomacy in a Multipolar World.
- Diplomatic Protocol and Etiquettes.
- Leadership Skills and Assertiveness.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Coordination
- Political Economy Analysis.
- Cross Engagement with Industry Practitioners.
- Business development skills.
- Country portfolio assessment.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Sector/Country Dialogue and Work.
- Project Management.
- Development Effectiveness.
- Development Evaluation
- Quality Management.
- Strategic Mindset