The role of Investment Specialist is responsible to provide technical support to the team in managing the liquidity portfolios of the Bank in line with the approved Liquidity Policy and the Liquidity Investment Guidelines, including soliciting and identifying investment proposals from the market (primary...
Liquidity Investment operations
- Provides necessary support to more senior members to accurately monitor the liquidity position of the OCR and other funds under the Treasury management through a review of daily cash flow movements and future projections for movements of funds to meet liquidity and disbursement requirements.
- Collects, analyzes and reports information needed for the evaluation of investment proposals and necessary due diligence.
- Conducts in depth analysis regarding the size and maturity and overall position of the bank’s liquidity investment portfolio so that it is in line with the bank’s liquidity policy and guidelines including maintaining the Prudential Minimum Liquidity level.
- Prepares various daily, weekly and other periodic reports on the liquid investment portfolio of IDB-OCR and any other funds under management to be submitted to the management.
- Resolves and / or escalates inquiries from counterparties regarding new / revised exposure limits, amendments to the agreements, etc. and liaises with Legal unit for their feedback on any legal points, when needed.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly assessments of counterparties’ and portfolio performance.
- Coordinates with the Treasury Settlements unit and Financial Control unit on processing and settling investment transactions (both purchases and sales).
- Provides the IDB Standard Agreement to counterparties and arrange for the authorized signatories from both parties to sign the Agreement.
Operational excellence support
- Ensures the effective implementation and adherence to respective policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and proposes any necessary actions.
- Proposes and implements process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related operations.
- Provides necessary input for the preparation of the function’s budget and for the monitoring of actual expenditure against the approved budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics/ Finance/ Mathematics/ Business Administration or related discipline
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the Liquidity Management function, 2 of which ideally in a Multilateral Development Bank
- Bank Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Islamic Finance
- Research and Data Collection
- Financing Instruments
- Asset Liability Management Fundamentals
- Investment Analysis
- Investments Products Knowledge
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving