• Oversee implementation of operational procedures to meet accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements of international accounting standards and AAOIFI.
• Facilitate periodic internal and external (Financial/COSO) audits of OCR.
• Review financial statements related to special funds.
• Manage the Chart of Accounts of the funds under management of FCD.
• Take charge of project assets reconciliation and project revenue accruals.
• Manage sukuk issuance process from the accounting side as well as working with external auditors on comfort letters and related documentation
• Manage monthly/quarterly and yearly closing of books of accounts and prepare financial statements of IDB-OCR.
• Provide support to the Middle Office in analyzing the impact of currency management on Fx gains/losses.
• Provide first line support in analyzing income statement and balance sheet variances periodically
• Technically lead research and analysis on relevant areas such as IFRS/AAOIFI accounting standards.
Policies & Procedures
• Develop statutory audit and accounting policies of IDB and make necessary recommendations to ensure compliance with latest AAOIFI and IFSB standards.
• Periodically review the internal control mechanism and corporate governance guidelines of IDB and recommend necessary improvements to ensure assets are safeguarded and liabilities properly managed.
• Manage ICFR COSO Compliance and Accounting Policy update projects
• Provide technical guidance on interpretation of policies and procedures, relevant AAOIFI and IFRS pronouncements and legislative regulations applicable for the division.
• Interpret complex disclosure requirements as per latest standards to ensure conformance with necessary audit requirements while preparing financial statements.
• Technically lead the integration of division’s policies and procedures with SAP and Misys systems.
• Prepare cut-off financial statements and facilitate release of the Comfort letter in connection with the Sukuk Issuance. Liaise with the external auditors.
• Facilitate release of CFO certificate to the Lawyers/JLMs in connection with the Sukuk Issuance.
• Act as a Super User for new SAP/MiSys or other related systems implementation and provide first line of support to other members of the division.
Reporting & Communication
• Oversee the inclusion of relevant information in the annual report based on the financial analysis performed by division staff members.
• Oversee the preparation of periodic and ad-hoc reports as requested by management.
Education, Experience & Certification
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field is required, master's degree is preferred.
• Certification in CA, CMA, ACCA or CPA.
• Certification in Islamic Finance/Accounting is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in finance and accounting.
• Minimum 3 years of Managerial experience.
• Advanced SAP experience.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge• Ability to adapt to changing business circumstances to maintain effective performance of complex.