Lead the design, development and maintenance of all financial policies and guidelines relating to the bank’s financial management including income, investments, pricing frameworks, provisioning, resource mobilization, cost allocation, equity growth, profit rate risk, currency risk, liquidity management and hedging strategies. Act as the focal point for all matter related to financial policies and guidelines. Contribute to enhancing governance and control processes embedded in financial policies and activities of the Finance Complex.
- Lead the formulation and monitoring of all institutional financial policies and guidelines including Asset-Liability Management, Liquidity, Funding, Pricing, delegation of authority within the Finance complex and any other policies formulated in the future.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of all financial policies and guidelines relating to the bank's financial management including income, investments, pricing frameworks, provisioning, resource mobilization, cost allocation, equity growth and others.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of all financial risk policies and guidelines relating to the bank's Asset Liability Management including profit rate risk, currency risk, liquidity management, hedging strategy, and resource mobilization.
- Act as the focal point and 'resource center' for all matters related to financial policies and guidelines and ensures that policies are readily available on server platform for all Bank users.
- Ensure enhancement of the governance and control processes embedded in financial policies and activities of the Finance Complex including the delegation of authorities matrix to have right balance between control and efficiency of operations.
- Ensure support to the Investment unit in developing the Investment Policy statements for each of the managed funds including the Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and risk budget for the investment strategies and the supporting guidelines on the procedural rules and permissible variances from targets.
- Provide motivational and inspirational leadership to the team members and communicates clear performance expectations.
- Coach, mentor, develop and provide regular feedback to the team members on results at a function level, promptly addressing areas of improvement.
- Support filling in key capability gaps of the team through capacity development and recruiting efforts.
- Act as a role model to communicate to the unit’s staff IDB's values and leadership competencies and provides direction and support in times of change.
- Monitor the effective implementation and adherence to respective financial management policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and proposes any necessary actions.
- Provide necessary input for the preparation of the budget of the FPPA department and for the monitoring of actual expenditure against the approved budget.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- CFA or related certification is preferred
- English (mandatory)
- Arabic and French (preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 10 or more years’ experience in financial policy development and management and related fields.
Job specific competencies
- Building Relationships
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Motivation to Learn and Share
- Passion for Excellence
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication Effectiveness
- Drive for Results
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Financial Management
- Islamic Finance
- Bank Knowledge
- Financial Policies
- Strategic Planning