To lead the development and implementation of new and innovative Islamic Financial products and solutions based on emerging technologies including Blockchain and smart contracts, to address the economic development challenges faced by the Member Countries.
Emerging Technology Development & Implementation:
- Carry out an extensive research and provide recommendations on the best (and frontier) technologies and solutions in the Blockchain, Distributed Ledge Technology, Smart Contract, and Crypto economy, or any other disruptive technology particularly in the realm of Financial Industry.
- Assess the technological and development challenges faced by the Member Countries in embracing Blockchain based products and solutions, conceptualize and develop smart and relevant use cases to address those challenges.
- Assess the impact of the existing and emerging policies and regulations in the Member Countries in their ability and / or willingness to embrace digitally enabled financial products and solutions.
- Contribute to the commercialization of IRTI’s knowledge products and solutions.
- Collaborate with the relevant entities and departments within and outside the IsDB Group for innovative solutions in the area of Islamic Fintech and ensure the production of knowledge products, reviews, briefs, and updates on Blockchain to address the challenges faced by the Member Countries.
- Map out local and regional key digitalization players in the Member Countries and their service offerings, which serve the Islamic Financial Institutions.
- Develop and implement new and innovative Islamic Financial products and solutions based on Blockchain technology.
- Maintain close links with other development agencies and IFIs to coordinate and align activities related to FinTech.
Knowledge Sharing and Communication:
- Provide advice and technical services on emerging technologies related issues to peers and colleagues in IRTI and IsDB.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and innovative solutions in the emerging technologies field and adopt the same for developing new solutions in IRTI.
Education, Certification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Information Systems, Cryptography, or related field.\
- Certification(s) in Blockchain Technology, and solution architecture, Certified Blockchain Developer (Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, etc.), cloud (AWS, etc.), and Agile/Scrum/Kanban methods.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in FinTech and /or Blockchain/smart contract development, of which 4 years in the Islamic Finance industry.
- English (Mandatory)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)