▪ Contribute to the formulation of the Bank's strategic directions and plans by supporting the preparation of related documents to be presented to the senior management (Executive Management Committee, Executive office of the president, Board of Executive Directors, etc.)
▪ Constantly Scan global dynamics and provide strategic information and insights to the Division Manager for the purpose of shaping the IsDB’s long-term strategy and corporate vision.
▪ Contribute to the necessary change management activities related to the implementation of the bank’s strategy, mainly by proposing innovative solutions related to the bank’s strategic improvement.
▪ Contributes to Maintaining the dashboards on the strategy implementation and the preparation of related report on quarterly and annual basis.
▪ Provide advice in areas where the Bank’s policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines related to the business delivery need to be reviewed and improved, in line with global best practices at other MDBs.
▪ Screen, document and continuously assess global trends (i.e. signals, patterns, challenges, etc) that could impact economic future of IsDB, its MCs and Muslim Communities in Non-MCs
▪ capture those trends and challenges in periodic knowledge products (articles, presentations, action-oriented case studies, etc.)
▪ Use those knowledge products to provide the division manager with strategic insights and recommendations to inform strategic planning and implementation
▪ Prepare briefing materials and talking points related to policy and strategy foresight
▪ Support the division’s communication activities aiming to build the capacity of BUs for strategic analysis & review and strategy-focused management.
▪ supports the division’s communication activities with other BUs aiming to ensure that the bank’s strategy is cascaded down across the organization, and to enhance strategic alignment of bank’s operational activities.
▪ Provide the necessary support to relevant BUs and entities in identifying and incubating / piloting innovative corporate and operational level strategic initiatives and solutions.
▪ Lead the coordination between the division and relevant BUs – including Chief Economist – to undertake/ commission macroeconomic and thematic futuristic and foresight studies based on documented strategic insights to identify possible, plausible, probable, and preferable “futures” facing IsDB, and its MCs, to inform the processes of strategy planning and execution.
▪ Represent the division in internal meetings and external fora related to policy foresight and contribute to various committees and task forces on the subject
▪ Leverage on engagements with internal stakeholders and external knowledge partners to develop new initiatives that contribute to the improvement of IsDB’s strategic orientation and to raise awareness on its strategy and challenges.
▪ Prepare correspondences and handle incoming communication related to the strategy planning, execution and strategic foresight
Reporting and Communication
▪ contributes to the preparation of the periodic progress reports on IsDB’s Strategy and annual work programs, as well as other necessary reports on the planning and implementation of the strategy
▪ Supports the manager by preparing the necessary briefing materials, talking points, and documents to be presented to the senior management
Education, Experience & Certification• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or Any relevant fields.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge• Strong project and change management skills