Expert of Ministerial Meetings
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Permanent, Full time
- Madison Pearl
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Our prestigious Client, a Semi Government body supporting and assisting Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 and the National Transformation Program 2020, the ambitious blueprint for the Kingdom is hiring for an Expert in Ministerial Meetings to be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing of ministerial meetings, Seminars, Workshops and Conferences, to support the country’s several global business initiatives and high-level collaborations with various developed and developing economies of the world. Reporting to the Director of Policy this is a highly confidential position due to the sensitive nature of the work and the various government bodies and authorities involved.
Reporting to the Director of Policy this is a highly confidential position due to the sensitive nature of the work and the various government bodies and authorities involved.
The Expert will be responsible for various ministerial meetings that may include the following:
- Ministry of Digital Economy
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Labor
- Ministry of Health
- The Expert will be working in parallel to the working groups under the representative teams of the participating bodies.
- The Expert will also conduct analysis and engagement sessions to develop the agenda for Ministerial meetings.
- The Expert will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the Ministerial meetings that coincide with the working groups under the representative teams.
- The Expert will be required to develop mechanisms and capabilities in close coordination with communique development experts and KSA policy coordination experts, to provide end to end administrative policy support and thematic knowledge to the Ministries’ representatives.
- The Expert will also define and oversee the meetings moderation methods, participation formats, issue notes, talking points, and on-the-ground policy staff for all Ministerial meetings.
- Identify policy priorities for Ministerial meetings to ascertain list of Ministerial meetings that will be held during the Forum. This will be in coordination with the representative teams of the Saudi Participating bodies’.
- Set the agenda specific to each Ministerial meeting selected for the Forum, and the Expert is expected to develop relevant topics of discussion based on the priorities.
- Draft talking points that will outline the policy position for each Ministerial meeting; supporting the development of the Forum’s ministerial engagements.
- Plan and execute the policy operation activities of all ministerial meetings.
- Identify in detail how the Forum’s process and ministerial meetings can contribute to the overall policy agenda.
- Develop deep understanding of the Forum’s Ministerial policy activities and create process maps to align among key Saudi government ministries and the International participating bodies (Government entities, Financial Institutions and relevant international organizations).
- Work closely with policy support teams to prepare for and successfully execute policy & communique development activities of the Ministerial meetings.
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, International Development or an advanced degree in an equivalent field.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience preferred, including policy writing experience and concentration in at least one of the following areas: economic policy, socio-economic policy and international development policy.
- Experience in policy development and advocacy experience at the national and international level on issues related to economic, social and international.
- Experience with working across government agencies and interagency partners to inform and support policy decisions, including the drafting of legislative language in English. Additional proficiency in Arabic language is preferred.
- Experience in negotiations and coordination with senior ministerial and executive branch policy-makers and staff.
- Able to use data, intelligence and information in shaping, coordinating and developing policy messages, communique drafts, and reports.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in writing and in oral presentations to a range of audiences, including senior ministerial levels, government officials, the public, media and press teams.
- Strong leadership, management and team-building expertise with organizational and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates can either apply here or send across their resume in Word format directly to email@example.com, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Alternatively, if you wish to seek more information you may reach us at +971 4 560 9100.