- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 18
General Manager, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Location: Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaThe Role
General Manager, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Leads the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia sub-region (territory) with responsibility for the development and execution of strategies to extend both new and existing customer relationships.
Senior client facing role for a highly experienced individual contributor. The role will be responsible for extending existing, and developing new, business relationships for the Commercial Group, within Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), and certain other territories, autonomously, with minimal supervision from the Head of Relationship Management Emerging Markets.
Incorporates the role of Country Manager, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Regional Management), acting as the contact point, in country, for regulators and other local authorities, working closely with Compliance, Legal and Regulatory Affairs.
Scope and Key Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the coordination, design and execution of a strategic business plan for the KSA territory, for each of Moody's analytical franchises
- To represent Moody's, in both KSA and other selected GCC countries and marketplaces, serving as the main point of contact for local customers, the media and market participants
- Proactively manage the relationships of about 30-50 complex key accounts in in KSA/GCC, retaining existing customers and expanding the share of wallet by selling a tailored value proposition, owns the business development territory, will personally own and drive top/key prospects
- Conducting Business Development in KSA and in territories elsewhere in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) or Emerging Market regions (bringing in new rating relationships and developing new market segments)
- Negotiate commercial terms including fees for new and renewal contracts.
- Proactively seek opportunities and prepare strategically competitive proposals for new and existing contracts involving a bidding process.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the overall GCC Strategic Plan to expand and defend the business for markets within GCC
- Expected to travel 60% of the time meeting existing and prospective customers.
- Meet with a select group of investors to get insights used to construct outreach strategies and craft value propositions
- Define the gap strategy to increase relevance in the territory
- Provide feedback on product needs/ideas/concepts to the Product Management Team where appropriate.
- Acts as speaker or facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Lead review of budget, forecast and staffing needs for territory.
- Can provide support and back-up for Sub-Regional Heads
- Can support and back-up the Head of Relationship Management for the E-EMEA region
- Develop and run extensive outreach programs to relevant regulatory bodies and policy makers in KSA and other selected GCC countries.
- Network intensively and liaise with market participants, local industry associations and other stakeholders in the financial markets
- Cross refer business opportunities to structured finance franchise.
Regional Relationship Management, Commercial Group.
The primary function of the department is the establishment, maintenance and management of Customer business relationships throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of their own and other territories and to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for the territory with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the territory and concrete proposals on how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with clients across a large range of different profiles on short notice or preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, clients and larger audiences
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently and with minimal oversight
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with the Group treasurer and or CFO of an issuer.
- Develop, articulate and explain Moody's value proposition
- Ability to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals.
- Lead the coordination efforts to draft tender documents
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments across all Moody's analytical franchises, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her/his territory.
- Ability to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moody's services and products, contracts and general conduct of business
- Ability to easily switch between Account Management and Business Development roles and to develop others to do so.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Extensive years of experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing and in managerial roles is desired
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.