Head of Corporate & Institutional Banking
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that the Regions and individual countries corporate bank businesses are optimally managed in the assigned region and aligns with the QNB Group Strategy. This includes ensuring revenue potential is realized in a cost effective, low risk manner and in line with QNB, regional and Country strategy, maximum revenue potential of relationship officers is realized via effective coaching, training and communication and synergies are established within the region and between regions regarding Corporate Banking Marketing and product opportunities. Role Description:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a sound internal control environment for Corporate Banking across the Region including but not limited to the establishment of an organizational structure that clearly assigns authority, responsibility, and reporting relationships and avoids conflict of interest situations / inadequate segregation of duties within the region.
- Provide initial approval for the overall policies and procedures pertaining to Corporate Banking activities / operations.
- Ensure that the approved strategy, business plans, budgets along with the approved policies / procedures and subsequent amendments thereto are communicated in a timely manner to the respective departmental heads to the extent these relate to their areas of responsibility, to enable them to be guided by / pursue or comply with the same.
- Ensure where applicable continuous compliance with the policies / procedures with prevailing practices / regulations pertaining to Corporate Banking promulgated by the respective regulators (viz. Central Bank as well as other regulators in jurisdiction).
- Responsible for the on-going management of the Corporate Banking regional portfolio within the predefined and agreed limits.
- Resolve / address resource issues (includes manpower and systems) faced by the respective departments / functions either directly or through timely coordination with other Group divisions / departments to enable them to meet their assigned targets.
- Manage, control, monitor and assume responsibility for the Corporate Banking region risk profile and portfolio quality in line with the expectations of Credit Committee / Executive Committee.
- Monitor / review the Corporate Banking portfolio by segment on overall basis and by product, corporate profile, country, industry and other parameters on periodic basis to evaluate the quality and performance of the same.
- Responsible for overseeing the overall action plans for addressing control weaknesses or compliance issues noted by Internal Audit Department, external auditors or the Compliance function.
- Coordinate Corporate Banking regional marketing initiatives with other line department /groups to maximize cross-selling and advisory services opportunities for the benefit of the client and the Group as a whole.
- To assist customers in all their queries on Bank's product and seek solution to their requests
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal Auditors, Compliance, Financial Control and Risk Functions as and when required.
- Master's Degree, in a related field such as MBA, Sales & Marketing, Commerce, Business
- Sound strategic Corporate Banking experience typically with at least 15-20 years of relevant banking experience
- Well-informed of the competitive market structure, industry practices and regulations for the Region
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in at least one regional language, English and Arabic (preferred).
- Strong experience in structuring solutions for corporate clients.
- Strong knowledge of the corporate banking environment in the assigned region and significant International banking experience.
- Superior people relationship skills and awareness of risk management concepts and practices.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices pertaining to Corporate Banking products.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
- Personal integrity, self-motivation and self-management.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Planning, organizing and analytical ability.
- Hardworking and performance oriented.
- Familiar with the balanced scorecard approach.
- Ability to manage teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV