Head of Risk
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
As the Head of Risk the incumbent will have overall responsibility for identifying, monitoring and managing the various risk profiles associated with the operations of QNB's offices in the assigned Country. The incumbent will create, review and recommend a risk management strategy for the assigned Country and define the risk appetite and risk policies for the Country with overall Group risk policies Role Description:
- Recommend risk measurement methodologies to quantify risks in a consistent manner across the Country covering credit, market, operational and regulatory risks;
- Prepare such policies and procedures as are required for the operation and management of the framework and oversee their implementation;
- Maintain the framework by recommending and making such changes as are necessary in response to:
- Implement a regime to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of the risk framework in risk, regulatory and operational terms, recommending such changes as may from time to time be required;
- Review existing processes for the collation and production of KRI reports and implement or enhance as necessary;
- Attend or chair risk and other control or oversight committees set up for the Country;
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and industry best practice, introducing revisions to the framework in response to both;
- Input to the development of risk management practice and policies across the wider QNB Group.
- Observes and promotes cost consciousness and efficiency, and enhance productivity, to minimize costs, avoid wastes, and optimize benefits for the bank
- Act within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent and delegate authority to the respective staff and monitor exercise of the same.
- Oversee development of new processes and procedures and implementation with respect to Risk Management and be the point of reference for all matters concerning risk
- Monitor effectiveness of and enhance and develop processes and procedures in conjunction with HO Risk Management to improve effectiveness of risk management at branch and HO level.
- Review and process queries / proposals relating to all aspects of Risk Management
- Liaise and work with Operations, HO Risk, Information Technology, Treasury and Financial Institutions to ensure appropriate support is given to the implementation of Branch and HO Risk Management
- On a dynamic basis research and study trends in international markets with respect to all aspects of risk management and the development of information feeds and databases to ensure early warning systems are in place to minimize losses to the Bank
- Remain up to date on all aspects of regulatory limits, controls and requirements (particularly in respect of the QCB, and country Central Banks and regulators in the Country).
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics, or Business Administration (related field of study), Masters preferred
- Additional recognized qualification in financial Risk Management.
- Minimum 15 years' experience; preferable in the Banking or Financial Services industry
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Risk Management, typically 5 years or more in assigned Country
- Sound capabilities in a Functional Management role preferably in a multinational environment
- Solid international experience either in an international posting or working internationally involving interaction with diverse environments and different cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English; with Arabic, French
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport Copy