AVP, Senior Data Scientist, DBS Transformation Group, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Key Responsibilities
The hired data scientist will be part of the DataFirst - Analytic Center of Excellence team and will primarily play an active role in supporting the bank to build advance analytic solutions by working with the business owners/sponsors, and other data scientists to develop advance analytics solutions, especially in machine learning and statistical techniques.
A highly simplified sample of tasks the role is expected to perform, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Work with business to define the problem and solution
- Design the experiment and measurement to test the solution
- Work with data analyst and engineer to identify, process and wrangle the data
- Develop the solution with advanced analytic techniques
- Validate and test the solution with historical data
- Implement the solution and assist the engineering team to deploy the solution to production
- Test the solution with real live data
- Create reusable assets and share learning with others
- Familiarity with a wide range of Bayesian analysis (including Bayesian Network), statistical learning, statistical causal reasoning, machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Strong theoretical understanding and practical knowledge and be able to apply the appropriate solution framework for different modelling tasks that forms the analytic solutions.
- Ability to push the boundary of advanced analytics/machine learning/artificial intelligence to the extent of implementing newly proposed algorithms from research papers if necessary.
- Mastery of data manipulation and skill in wrangling different types of data, with rich experience to extract the information value from raw data through feature engineering.
- PhD in statistics specializing in Bayesian analysis with at least 3 years of industry experience developing data science solutions primary of machine learning nature.
- Expertise in machine learning and data mining with excellent data processing, wrangling and feature engineering skills. Familiarity with industry paradigms and standards for model development, validation and testing.
- Strong understanding of the mathematics and concepts under the hood of advanced statistical/machine learning algorithms.
- Have developed and implemented industrial standard machine learning solutions for classification, prediction, text mining and anomality detection problems.
- High proficiency with programming in Spark, Python or R.
- Extensive experience in the following areas: Bayesian network, statistical modelling on small data, forecasting, machine learning on big data, deep learning, anomality detection, statistical experiment design, statistical causality reasoning.
- Good problem solving, communication, lateral thinking and presentation skill.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements