AVP, Solution Engineer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Design and engineer solutions that are scalable, resilient and futureproof
- Provide high level estimates for prospective business and technology initiatives
- Ensure the solutions adhered to DBS standards and processes
- Plan, design and implement solutions that are scalable and resilient
- Modernize the technology stack by performing POCs and adopting open source frameworks
- Work closely with business, delivery, technology and vendor teams
- Identify gaps and provide remediation to improve platform stability and performance
- 7-8 years of project development, delivery and management experience
- Working knowledge of banking or investment products
- 4 to 5 years of development and delivery experience with Java, Spring, Spring boot etc
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems
- Hands on experience in some of the following technologies:
- SpringBoot/Java/AOP, Android Studio/Java/Kotlin, Xcode/Swift
- Cloud Foundry, OpenShift or other PaaS technologies.
- Public clouds such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Dockers, Garden, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Strong understanding of virtualization and networking.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in order to facilitate workshops
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.