AWM, Corporate Sector Auditor, VP - Singapore / Hong Kong
Vice President Asset WealthManagement (AWM) Corporate Sector Auditor Department Description
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit andExamining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman,senior management and our global and local regulators. The AuditDepartment is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environmentacross the firm's line of business. This is achieved through a program ofaudit coverage which is performed and managed by a team of financial businessand integrated technology specialists. The Corporate Sector Audit team providesaudit coverage of key corporate functions including Finance, Compliance and Operations. Business Description
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in Asset Wealth Management with over $2trillion in assets under supervision, including over $1.4 trillion in activelymanaged portfolios, and annual revenue of approximately $12 billion. AWM servesinstitutional, high net worth and retail clients in every major marketthroughout the world through the following client businesses: J.P. Morgan AssetManagement, Highbridge Capital Management, and Wealth Management which includesthe Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities. AWM offers global investmentmanagement in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equityand liquidity, including money market instruments and bank deposits. AWM alsoprovides trust and estate, banking and brokerage services to high-net-worthclients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals. Position Description:
This role is for an experiencedCorporate Function audit professional to join the Asia AWM Corporate SectorAudit Team. The individual will be based inHong Kong or Singapore reporting to the AWM Corporate Sector Audit Director. The role will be primarily responsible for coverage of the corporate functionswithin the Asset Wealth Management business in the region. Thisindividual will be responsible for risk assessment, control identification,development of audit testing, completion of audit work and ongoing continuousmonitoring of the Asia AWMCorporate functions . This role offers opportunities to work closely withthe Line of Business Audit teams to ensure consistent coverage of compliance,finance, operations and participate in firmwide reviews. Responsibilities:
- Participate in audit engagements covering Corporate Sector functions including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Document audit results and communicate issues to management, identifying opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Will be accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value.
- Effectively manage audit engagement teams, performing timely review and providing honest and constructive feedback.
- Liaise with global and regional Audit management.
- Stay up to date with the global regulatory and market environment, especially as it pertains to Asset Wealth Management and its supporting technology.
- Provide regulatory responses and perform regulatory required reviews.
- Build effective contacts and relationships with client management and colleagues through effective teamwork and innovating thinking.
- Disseminate best practice and lessons learned to colleagues and clients.
- Identify and follow up on specific audit issues and ensure appropriate involvement with significant development efforts or projects. In this capacity members of the team are often asked to join the steering or program control committees of major projects to provide continuous feedback on control issues or compliance with best practice standards
- Limited travel is required.
- CPA or equivalent
- A minimum of 7+ years of working experience with some exposure to asset management and the financial services industry including related processes/controls.
- Aworking experience covering fiduciary activities in financial servicesindustry, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Fiduciary andInvestment Risk Specialists (CFIRS) willbe a plus
- Strong knowledge of Asset Wealth Management business and Corporate Sector functions will be a plus.
- Ability to understand potentially complex processes to identify and test key controls
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to act independently with minimum direction and supervision
- Ability to carry out complex tasks under time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Flexible to set individual goals and objectives to be consistent with those of the Audit department
- A good understanding of the local/regional regulatory requirements
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work environments, including travel where necessary
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information and supports colleagues
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability