About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
This is a transformational role within the Aspire programme focused on end-to-end test management across GCFO Change and Finance Technology. Aspire is a multi-year strategic investment programme to transform GCFO into a modern, globally-consistent organisation with skills, capabilities and jobs that match competitor banks. The programme is responsible to develop and implement the GCFO strategy to deliver the GCFO Change agenda and Aspire programme (> $400m investment) into the bank and ensure the target business benefits are realised.
This key leadership role is responsible for defining and implementing the Testing/QA strategy for the programme, working in partnership with the Functional and Technical Testing and Hive Leads to enhance testing quality and deliver efficiencies with a risk based approach to testing. The role requires domain expertise of product accounting and financial reporting and a strong understanding of both agile and traditional testing approaches and testing tools to drive efficiencies Project design/ Standards
Agile Test Strategy and Plans
- Define test methods and project test artefacts that are appropriate to the Hive - these will include amongst others: Outline Design, process flow diagrams and KPI definition and measurement and high-level impact assessment.
- Own the agile test strategy and define standards for and own the setup of the testing centre of excellence (COE), detail the resource plans for QA squads, define test Tooling and the end to end test approach.
- Define Jira structure and standards - Structure Epics, stories, tasks and their workflow (integration to test management)
- Ensure clear test acceptance criteria is defined at story level and define the definition of #done#
- Collaborate on the Sprint cadence with Chapter and Hive lead
People and Talent
- Define a test strategy including the Agile test plan, including the major downstream systems' & processes' test considerations.
- Define the risk-based testing approach, identify and document agile test metrics and KPIs.
- Define optimal test data requirements and work with the delivery leads to drive expectations with upstream interfacing teams. Champion the use of synthetic test data where possible, to reduce overheads and constraints due to dependency with upstream teams.
- Define the QA Sprint team members. Ensure that the teams have effective testing (QA) staff
- Own the definition of done
- Define test QA standards - using a systemic approach to ensure the highest level of product and service quality. Ensure the SME (s) creates acceptance criteria tests up front and that the testing environment is set up to ensure quality objectives.
- Define a common and consistent approach for each team, cluster and Hive. Be the first point of escalation for the QA team. Track progress, raise awareness of impediments and help resolve them
- Work with the team for continuous improvement
- Be responsible for driving appropriate culture and values with the team and acting as a role model
- Coach problem solving and provide career guidance
- Establish good working relationship with Enterprise Test leadership teams to share and bring in best practices
Technical Test Planning
- Define and agree with the Hive lead which documents will be owned by the cluster leads and scrum masters. Confirm the frequency of update and refresh
- Define and agree which High Level Plans, Level2 and level 3 delivery plans link to the sprints
- Plans should include: Agile test quadrants (see below), Dress Rehearsal, Functional and non-functional testing including regression and performance tests, Cutover plans, Sprint plans, Integration plans and Data acquisition plans
- Establish clear test entry and exit criteria for each phase of testing
- Clearly define test environment requirements and work with the delivery leads and infrastructure leads to continuously maintain the environment plans. Ensure optimal utilisation of environments and test data and avoid overheads
- Front load as much testing as possible to ensure a faster feedback loop and to improve delivery efficiency and quality
- Define and set-out dependency management
- Work with the Cluster lead and scrum masters for the end to end test road map
- Drive Transparency across project plans and deliverables. Facilitate Risks Issues and Dependencies reporting and drive collaboration in mitigating the same
- Partner with development and component teams to plan future release testing. Attention to test data requirements, test automation and optimisation as well as support for E2E batch processing
- Define and agree with the Hive lead which documents will be owned by the cluster leads and scrum masters. Agree the frequency of update.
- Set out targets for automated testing and continuous integration
- Be the advisor on test tooling, setting out industry best practice - working with our upstream FM partners for effective end to end testing across the clusters
- A review and roll out of test concepts such as Agile test quadrants or other similar methods - including but not limited to the following: 1. Unit and components tests 2. Scenario/ workflow tests, pair testing and UI and/or prototypes. 3. Usability, exploratory, pair, collaborative and UAT. 4. NFT, security, infrastructure, data migration, scalability, and load testing.
- Continuously enhance test approach and test cases, by taking inputs from incidents raised post release in production
Reporting and communications
- Escalate and drive the remediation of issues and challenges faced during the test phases, working closely with QA leads assess inter-dependencies and support driving the delivery agenda collectively
- Ensure Agile principals are met - ensure suitable story sizing - either T shirts or the use of story points.
- Ensure with the Agile coach that a story must NOT cross a sprint, all stories to have acceptance criteria, product demos are performed, and retrospectives are in place
- Ensure compliance with SDLC project definition
- Work with QA, Scrum masters to ensure that the product vision is consistent with the Chapter leads policies and assist SME with any specific FPSL issues for resolution
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Define and agree with Hive lead, all core KPI.
- Design an automated daily reporting process
- Agree how information will flow from scrums, scrums of scrums to key Stakeholders
- Be the advocate for agile test management and work with senior stakeholders to ensure they have quality metrics.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Functional Test Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Hive lead (s)
- Chapter lead (s)
- Technical Test manager (TTM)
- Technical Architect (TA)
- End to End Functional Integration lead (E2EFI)
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Proven ability to drive an agile test strategy and execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence stakeholders and drive efficiencies, making effective use of KPI metrics
- Proven experience of global/regional programme & project delivery in a banking environment.
- Over 10 years in Programme delivery and leadership in a multi-regional Investment Banking environment on large scale change programs
- Thorough understanding of Project delivery methodologies - Agile and SDLC
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills covering both senior
- Thorough understanding of test/ QA delivery methodologies - Agile, SDLC.
- Background in large scale platform migrations and/or financial product cutovers
- Proven experience in testing standards, tools, frameworks, processes and methodology and managing end to end delivery of testing services
- A strong understanding of automated testing and continuous integration. A strong background on Agile test tooling and industry best practice
- Proven experience of global/regional programme & project delivery and leadership on large scale, complex programmes in a banking environment.
- A strong understanding of how to coach both Scrum masters, QA and product owners on the agile principals
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.