Assistant VP, System Analyst, Core Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Solicit business requirement, business processes, process flows and business needs to identify viable solution design.
- Develop 'As-Is' knowledge of platform systems and help define 'To-Be' system solutions and flow.
- Understand technical dependencies within systems that support the full functionality.
- Lead and / or collaborate with different IT teams across infrastructure and other functional technology teams to deliver system solutions.
- Provide resource requirements and develop cost estimation.
- Analyse business problems and issues using data and information from internal and external sources.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes, functionality through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, produce functional specifications, technical specifications and other documentations.
- Handle project / enhancement activities from coordination, development, testing support, implementation, live verification support, etc, working with internal and external parties.
- Investigate on problems / incident and work on resolutions as needful.
- Knowledge in demand and time deposits domain in wholesale or retail banking industry.
- Knowledge in Silverlake's banking software suite will be a bonus.
- Knowledge in IBM AS400 platform, RPG, CL programming. Good to have C, Cobol programming skills on AS400 platform.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's degree in related Information Technology disciplines.
- Relevant experience in Banking / Information Technology.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Able to work independently and have a keen eye on details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Curious person with strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Results-oriented person with a focus on delivery.
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Knowledge in Agile development methodology is a plus.
Apply now and make a difference.