Assistant Vice President, Compliance
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 20 Mar 19
Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations.
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
(Internal Corporate Title: Assistant Manager)
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
- Compliance Partner to various business lines/ operations units (“Designated Units”) as may be designated from time to time in providing guidance on compliance matters and conduct risk assessments on new products/ services/ businesses, and liaise with the Designated Units in the performance of annual Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Knowledge of Singapore regulations, including the Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act, Financial Advisors Act and Personal Data Protection Act.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) provide updates to the business and support them in the assimilation of new/ changes in regulations and/or industry practices.
- Promote awareness of rules, regulations and industry guidelines by, amongst others, developing and conducting compliance training.
- Facilitate the review of Consultation Papers and new/ revised regulations relating to any Designated Unit, including collating feedback from relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the implementation of new/ revised regulations relating to any Designated Unit, including reviewing and performing gap analysis, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the implementation of new/ revised policies and/or procedures as may be necessary to ensure compliance.
Committees & Forums
- (Where applicable) Assist with the organizing and participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum and any other committees, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Assist the Designated Units in enhancing their Compliance control framework by identifying areas of weakness, advising and providing recommendations and guidance so as to improve/ rectify any weakness identified.
- Support the Team Lead in identifying and reporting all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities which concern any Designated Unit. Ensure timely escalation of concerns to Team Lead and Section Head.
- Collaborate with respective teams in the Compliance section in ad-hoc compliance related projects.
- Assist in the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures, as may be required.
- Perform administrative work as may be necessary.
What you should have:
- Degree with at least 5 years prior experience in compliance (in particular, advisory work) is preferred
- Good understanding on regulatory requirements will be an advantage
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders from various levels
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. One MIZUHO: Building the future with you.