About this role Technology & Operations BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions —
About this role
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
This person will be a member of a global Platform Services team that manages core Infrastructure Services for the firm. The Windows Server Team is responsible for the support and maintenance of the firm’s Microsoft infrastructure, Messaging Platform, Remote Computing, Virtualization platform and many related technologies that support the business. This includes, but is not limited to Citrix, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Exchange, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SharePoint. The team is also responsible for managing many service-related technologies such as e-Mail Archiving, and Citrix/XenApp.
Successful performance in this role requires an individual can perform these duties above a satisfactory level. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and competencies required.
- Support system operation between cloud and on-premise IT Windows infrastructure
- Administer and support operation related services and products deploy to Azure or AWS platform.
- Standardization and automation of systems, tasks and workflows using PowerShell
- Analyse, log, track and resolve software/hardware issues pertaining to server operating system and related services.
- Maintain the Windows Server problem ticket queue and work to resolving most of tickets in this queue. Provide initial 1st and 2nd line support for all Microsoft server platforms and associated applications within the server estate.
- Participate in Infrastructure project design/implementations and Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Timely response to support escalation requests and contributes to the Windows Server Team “follow-the-sun” server support model across Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
- Maintain proactive server monitoring, performance monitoring and application tuning using the corporate tools, such as SCOM and SCCM.
- Implement, monitor and maintain Windows Server-based services.
- Generate reports for daily checks and for real-time and capacity management reporting needs of Infrastructure Management.
- Maintain an accurate global Windows Server team inventory, including spare parts.
- Document processes, and ensure process is applied consistently across the global Windows server estate.
- Identify and repair inconsistent server configurations in the global Windows Server estate.
Experience (8-10 years)
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and platforms
- Hands-on experience on Azure and AWS cloud services such as multi-account strategy, compute and network services, integrated-tiered security, role-based identity, data and storage management and encryption technology.
- Advance experience on VMWare administration and management particularly on the following: ESX / Virtual Center / vSphere / VROPS.
- Utilize PowerShell to automate Windows administrative tasks and other applications that run on Windows platform like Citrix, VMware and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with at least one version-control system.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience supporting critical Windows 2012 and 2016 servers in a large-size production environment
- Experience with AD, WINS, DNS, DFS, DHCP, IIS, NT File System, Printing and Group Policy
- Significant knowledge of security under Windows 2012 and 2016
- Experience with Microsoft patch deployment processes.
- Aware of corporate governance (Sarbanes Oxley and Audit controls)
- HP and DELL server experience
- Must be able to perform well in a high-pressure environment.
- Desirable additional experience of the following:
- Developing PowerShell cmdlets
- Symantec End Point Protection
- YSoft SafeQ Print Management
- Exchange 2010/2013 and Content Filtering Technologies
- Linux/Unix knowledge, exposure or support
- The position will be required to work on shifts. These shifts will also cover the weekends.
- Work days could be staggered over the week
- Must have a minimum of 5 years comparative industry experience
- Working knowledge of ITIL, Data Analytics, Project Management
- Certification is a plus
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.