Attack Analysis, Cybersecurity Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 22 May 19
Attack Analysis, Cybersecurity Analyst
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
Working in cybersecurity takes passion for technology, speed, a desire to learn, and vigilance in order to keep every asset safe. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products. Working with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop crimes and strengthen our data.
The Attack Analysis team is devoted to 24/7 follow the sun monitoring of data to identify, triage and mitigate internal and external cybersecurity threats to JPMorgan Chase. Our functions and processes are well established and we are looking for people who have an investigative mindset and a desire to learn to join our exciting team. Team members will collaborate with multiple cyber operations teams to stay abreast of the current threat landscape, monitor and create new content and perform incident response. You will also have to opportunities to work on interesting projects across diverse and regional teams as well.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Foundational knowledge of cybersecurityorganization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architecturalrequirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incidentresponse methodologies
- Ability to collaborate with high-performingAgile teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish goals
- Proficiency in the use of skills tools, stayingcurrent with skills, participating in multiple forums
- Ability to analyze vulnerabilities, threats,designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharingintelligence
- Foundational knowledge of: computer forensics;legal, government and jurisprudence as they relate to cybersecurity; operatingsystems; and methods for intelligence gathering and sharing
- Foundational knowledge of: cloud computing,computer network defense, external organizations and academic institutions dealingwith cybersecurity issues, financial authorities and regulations, identitymanagement, incident management, information assurance, information management,information systems and network security and infrastructure design
- Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies (IDS/IPS) andtechniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions
- Familiar with network protocols and some hands-on experienceanalyzing packet captures using appropriate tools (e.g. tcpdump, wireshark,tshark)
- Familiar with multiple operating systems (e.g., Windows,Unix, Mac) and programming experience in at least one of the followingscripting languages: Java, Python, or Powershell, as well as possesses anautomation mindset
- Passion to learn and investigate until the root cause ofeach event is identified
- Should be a good team player and open to working in a globalfollow-the-sun shift model
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.