A Software Engineer within the Goldman Sachs (GS) Digital Assets Engineering, an opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge Engineering organization, with a firm-wide mandate to support the Goldman Sachs businesses offering tokenized securities and non-securities, cryptocurrency and digital currency products by designing and developing innovative and transformative business solutions employing public and private blockchains, smart contract and decentralized finance (DeFi) technologies and protocols.
You will work closely with other engineering teams and business stakeholders to deliver solutions that drive, improve and transform a variety of GS businesses, across Global Markets, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Consumer and Wealth Management. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support digital assets products and software solutions using distributed ledger technology, smart contracts and decentralized applications
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support digital assets product tradables, data models and trade flows on existing GS technology stack, such as trading, pricing and risk management systems (e.g. SecDB) and client delivery systems, data feeds to downstreams trade processing, settlement and ledgers
- Lead project deliveries, partner with business, operations and federation teams, other engineering teams on functional and technical analysis to launch product solutions and deliver business outcome
- Research and build up expertise on latest blockchain protocols and smart contract programming.
- Computer Science or Engineering graduate with 6+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, Haskell/Scala, Python, C/C++
- Minimal 3+ years' experience and strong proficiency in smart contract programming to develop commercial solutions using DAML, Solidity, Rust, Vyper, etc, on private and public blockchains, with solid performance, resiliency, security and privacy design
- Strong technology knowhow with developing, upgrading and deploying smart contract decentralized applications on Ethereum (HL Besu / Quorum / Public), Corda, Solana, Cardano, Algorand, etc.
- Experience with tokenize financial asset implementation for Debt Securities, Equities, Loans or Funds, covering end-to-end lifecycle processing across issuance, distribution, trading, settlement, custody and account management, asset / loan / fund servicing, etc.
- Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
- Excellent communication and follow-through, analytical, self-motivated, attention to detail.
- Experience with traditional Financial Markets products and processing - Debt Securities, Equities, Money Market, Cryptocurrency
- Experience with developing and launching DeFi products and protocols - DEX, borrowing & lending, yield farming, etc.
- Deep knowledge with implementing blockchain underlying technologies and protocols, e.g. inter-chain asset bridges, Layer 2 rollups network, blockchain VM and ledger API optimization, consensus protocol optimization, ZKP cryptography, etc.
- Experience with DevOps, SRE and AWS cloud implementation in investment banking or FinTech environment.